We know new skydiving gear is expensive, and that it's very tempting to buy a used rig from someone you don't know on Facebook because the price is so much lower. But before you end up spending money on a rig you'll never be able to jump, make sure you read the August 2018 interview with ChutingStar owner Mike Gruwell in USPA's Parachutist Magazine at this link.
A used container can be a great deal, as long as it fits you, is in good condition and will fit the canopies you can currently jump. But it can also be the worst deal ever if you can't jump it or get your money back.
After reading that article, check out all of our related articles below that may help you even more on finding that perfect first rig to get you up in the sky, jumping as much as you can!
- Best Fit & Value for 1st Skydiving Rig
- Skydiving Gear Buying Tips
- Skydiving Gear Price Comparison Info
- Is Your Rig Freefly Friendly?
- The Truth On Skydiving Gear Equipment Pricing
- How To Submit Your Complete Skydiving Rig Order
- Skydiving Container Options Explained
- Used Gear Inspections & Escrow
- AADs: Which One To Buy?