A FREE standard shipping option is available to all US, APO and FPO addresses at checkout for all orders of $99 or more (excludes Smoke Grenades). ChutingStar ships worldwide from our Marietta, Georgia, location. Orders are packaged and shipped Monday through Friday. ChutingStar offers several shipping speeds from USPS and UPS at checkout. Full Shipping Info at this link.
Shoe GOO Adhesive 3.7 oz. Tube
SuperStars Rewards is ChutingStar's "Thank You" Loyalty Program. SuperStars Rewards Points are earned and spent on products you purchase and/or review as part of the ChutingStar community. To be able to earn or redeem points, you need to create a customer account at ChutingStar.com, and be logged in to that account for all orders and reviews. Points are accumulated with each purchase you make or review posted until you decide to spend them. Full details on the the SuperStars Rewards Program at this link.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you change your mind about the color or the fit is not quite right, whatever the reason, you can exchange it for another item or return it for a refund. ChutingStar will accept most items back for a full or partial refund, depending upon the original item, the condition and the timeliness of the return. Full returns and exchanges info at this link.
Shoe GOO Adhesive: Put your favorite footwear back on your feet!
Used by skaters to repair their footwear and by skydivers to extend the life of their jumpsuit booties!
In 1972 Shoe GOO was invented for "tennis toe" (caused by dragging your shoe toe during service). The formula remains the same after all these years... not only do tennis players continue to use Shoe GOO, it has become very popular with skateboarders. skydivers and anyone not wanting to let go of those special shoes in the closet.
- Waterproofing: Shoe GOO is water resistant immediately upon application. Apply Shoe GOO directly to the surface to be sealed. Use thin coats of Shoe GOO to build a thick coating on the surface to be sealed, allowing each layer to set 3 to 4 hours. This is especially ideal for smooth surfaces, such as plastic, glass or ceramic. Shoe GOO hardens by solvent evaporation, so allow time for thorough hardening to ensure proper bonding and wear resistance.
- Repairing worn soles: If a worn shoe has a hole that goes all the way through the sole, tape over the hole inside the shoe before applying Shoe GOO to the outer sole. This will help avoid creating a bump. The tape should be removed from the inside and all bumps smoothed out within 2 hours, before the glue is completely hard.
- Fishing and foul weather gear: Some fisherman's waders and foul weather gear have a water-repellent coating that must be removed before Shoe GOO will adhere. Scrub the area with detergent and allow to dry. Roughen surface before applying Shoe GOO. If the bond still pulls apart, the repair must be done on the inside surface of the item, which is usually reinforced with fabric.
Use Shoe GOO to:
- Rebuild your worn-out soles overnight.
- Seal rubber boots, galoshes, and waders.
- Coat and protect shoes to avoid premature wear.
- Repair damaged heels.
- Secure loose insoles.
- Reinforce skate shoes.
- Coat skateboards for extra traction.
- Protect your skydiving jumpsuit booties from wearing out prematurely.
Follow these step-by-step directions when using Shoe GOO®:
- Please read all directions before using. TEST SMALL AREA BEFORE USE.
- Surface should be clean, dry and free of dirt. For best results, roughen surface before use. Best when used between 70F (21°C) and 85F (29°C).
- Puncture seal at the top of the tube using the pointer cap.
- Always test a small area to ensure proper application technique and dry time. Prolonged exposure to warm water may cause discoloration and possible loss of adhesion when exposed to chemicals used in hot tubs and pools especially in outdoor locations. May be weakened by contact with certain highly plasticized materials.
- Apply SHOE GOO directly to each surface to be bonded or repaired. Allow SHOE GOO to partially cure, 2-10 minutes, before bringing surfaces together. SHOE GOO hardens by solvent evaporation and forms an immediate bond that is difficult to reposition after both adhesive-coated surfaces are placed in contact with each other and sufficient pressure is exerted to establish full contact.
- Allow the repair to dry for 24 hours. Various materials will require different drying times. Cure time increases with lower temperatures and decreases with higher temperatures. Depending on the materials and the temperature, maximum strength may not be reached for 48 to 72 hours.
- Keep threads at the neck of the tube free of SHOE GOO residue. To ensure easy cap removal, apply a thin coat of petroleum jelly to the threads of the tube before replacing the cap.
- Clean uncured adhesive with small amounts of acetone and paint thinner. The adhesive will ball up and brush off. Cured material may be removed by cutting or scraping.
- Store unused SHOE GOO at room temperature with cap tightened.
NOTE: SHOE GOO may damage finished surfaces. Avoid such contact until SHOE GOO is completely dry.
SHOE GOO TIPS
- If you are an athlete your shoes are going to wear out. Tennis, skateboarding, shooting hoops, running...you name it...you will reduce it to flapping soles and gaping holes.
- Shoe GOO will extend the life of your favorite (or "lucky" shoes) with the toughest formula on the market that dries to a rubbery, flexible, water-resistant finish. Repair is quick and easy.
- Dam holes from the inside with duct tape before applying Shoe GOO to the outside.
- Seal frayed or open seams with a bead of Shoe GOO.
- Drop globs of Shoe GOO all around the area to be covered and then spread it into a sheet for seamless rubbery "shield" of adhesive from top to sole.
- Finally, the secret to a great shield: ICE CUBES! Spreading the adhesive is the biggest challenge with these kinds of adhesives. Being "glue", they are sticky and stick to everything, including whatever you are trying to spread them with. Here's the trick: use an ice cube to spread it around. The glue won't stick to ice and the adhesive will flow where you want it. The temperature of the ice also helps set the adhesive a little.
SHOE GOO! It will keep you moving!
Available in a 3.7 fl oz. tube, in clear or black. Select above.
|Price View||Price Range|