A FREE standard shipping option is available to all US, APO and FPO addresses at checkout for all orders of $99 or more (excludes Smoke Grenades). ChutingStar ships worldwide from our Marietta, Georgia, location. Orders are packaged and shipped Monday through Friday. ChutingStar offers several shipping speeds from USPS and UPS at checkout. Full Shipping Info at this link.
Javelin Odyssey Skydiving Container
Javelin Odyssey Order Form & Designer
SuperStars Rewards previously earned can be spent on products you purchase online at checkout. You must be logged in to that account at checkout to use your points. Points are no longer able to be earned as the program is in the process of ending in 2023 as ChutingStar.com transitions to a new platform. Full details on the the SuperStars Rewards Program can be found at this link.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you change your mind about the color or the fit is not quite right, whatever the reason, you can exchange it for another item or return it for a refund. ChutingStar will accept most items back for a full or partial refund, depending upon the original item, the condition and the timeliness of the return. Full returns and exchanges info at this link.
Custom Javelin Odyssey container. SunPath's Javelin Odyssey is a mainstay of the skydiving industry. The Odyssey now has the Skyhook and SPYN PAD System options.
Javelin's Odyssey container now features the optional SPYN PAD System for ultra comfort in freefall and under canopy.
SunPath manufacturing time does vary. Contact ChutingStar for the current turnaround times for this container.
Standard Javelin Odyssey Features:
- Stainless steel rings at the hips and chest provide a pivot point for the main lift web. What was once a point where the harness would bind and pinch now allows for a custom, comfortable fit with a secure harness without sacrificing mobility. Available in a four ring version (hip and chest) on the Javelin Legacy and two or four ring on the Odyssey.
- The SkyHook is a main assist reserve deployment system that uses a malfunctioning main to extract the reserve freebag from the container and provide a fully inflated reserve in as little as 80 feet. All Javelin Odyssey’s with a date of manufacture of February 2007 or later are Skyhook compatible.
A or V stripe on the reserve pin cover
- Adding an “A” or “V: stripe to your reserve pin cover or #3 flap is an another way to customize your Javelin Odyssey, add the optional pin stripes for an even more personal touch.
- Pin striping is available on the mid flap (A-E stripes), the reserve pop top and along with the “A” or “V” stripes.
Spacer foam back pad
- Quarter inch foam padding underneath breathable, durable mesh combine to make our spacer foam back pad the most comfortable in the industry.
Phat Daddy Reserve ripcord
- Using the same manufacturing and raw material as our Phat Daddy cutaway handle, the Phat Daddy reserve is a soft handle with the bulk required to get a good grip in an emergency as well as another way to make your Javelin truly yours with custom colors and embroidery.
Easy grip dive loops
- These dive loops have a design similar to our easy grip control toggles. Thanks to bungee sewn internally these dive loops remain open and ready to help you steer your parachute to it maximum performance yet stow away easily during packing.
- For those jumpers with physical limitations, or who jump specialized gear like demo flags, that make standard step through leg strap hardware impractical.
Asymmetrical Center Flap or section 1A a different color
- Not everyone lives in a right angle symmetrical world. Show your individual side and color your rig to suit your personality!
Extended Chest Strap
- For all you hard core canopy pilots, chest straps can be ordered in 2” increments up to 12” longer than our standard 19”.
SPYN PAD System Details
Tom Parker and the rest of the SunPath engineering team worked for 3 years on the release of the new SPYN SYSTEM. The primary goal was to provide the Odyssey with even more comfort for skydiving use using the molded foam technology. After several versions, field testing, and feedback from Sun Path sponsored athletes the SPYN System has officially been released to the skydiving community.
- Molded SPYN back pad for an unrivaled fit and comfort
- Cobra Clips incorporated into the lateral system.
- Internalized SLS system for an improved fit and increased sensitivity while under canopy
- Redesigned leg pads for an improved comfort while in freefall and under canopy.
- By far the most comfortable container Sun Path has ever built.
- SPYN PAD sysem is not available for sizes J5K & J5NK
Use the online order form at this link to submit your measurements, options and design, and to select ChutingStar as your dealer:
Follow the Measuring Guide shown at this link.
Learn more about Sun Path options at this link.
Then submit the order here by adding the Odyssey to your cart and checking out on ChutingStar.com.
Once the order is submitted, we will contact you to review the order, make any updates or changes you may need with you before finalizing the order with Sun Path. Payment is made by adding this Javelin Odyssey to your online cart with payment. Contact us if you have any questions.
|Brand||Sun Path Products|
|Articulation Availability||Hip, Chest & Hip, None|
|Padding Options Available||Molded Backpad & Spacerfoam Legpads, Spacerfoam Padding, Standard Padding|
|Chest Strap Widths Available||Type 17 Narrow 1", Type 8 Wide 1 23/32"|
|Cutaway Handles Available||Loop, Phat Daddy|
|Fabrics Available||Cordura 1000, Diamond Back, Houndstooth, Parapack|
|Hardware Type Availability||Stainless Steel|
|Main Deployment Handles Available||Freefly Handle, Hackey|
|Reserve Handles Available||Phat Daddy, Stainless D-Ring|
|Riser Cover Types Available||Tuck Tab|
|Riser Sizes Available||Type 17 1" (mini-risers), Type 8 1 23/32" (wide risers)|
|RSL Options||Skyhook RSL, Standard RSL|
|Toggle Types Available||Velcro, Velcroless|
|Kill Line Pilot Chute Availability||Included|
|Hook Knife Pouch Availability||Yes|
|Cut In Laterals Availability||Yes|
|Name Embroidery Available||Yes (at extra charge)|
|Price View||Price Range|
Most comfortable rig on the market!I absolutely love my Javelin Odyssey. It fits perfectly (as any custom container should), and unlike my first rig (also custom, different brand), it allows me to move freely in freefall. It goes where I go, instead of working against my movements. It's like it gives me a big Sun Path hug every time I put it on - with ridiculous comfort in the plane, in freefall, and under canopy.
Sun Path Products has some of the best customer service in the industry, and I wouldn't (and don't) hesitate to recommend it to anyone and everyone looking for their first or next container.
Thank you, Sun Path!