A FREE standard shipping option is available to all US, APO and FPO addresses at checkout for all orders of $99 or more (excludes Smoke Grenades). ChutingStar ships worldwide from our Marietta, Georgia, location. Orders are packaged and shipped Monday through Friday. ChutingStar offers several shipping speeds from USPS and UPS at checkout. Full Shipping Info at this link.
QUATTRO Audible Altimeter
SuperStars Rewards previously earned can be spent on products you purchase online at checkout. You must be logged in to that account at checkout to use your points. Points are no longer able to be earned as the program is in the process of ending in 2023 as ChutingStar.com transitions to a new platform. Full details on the the SuperStars Rewards Program can be found at this link.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you change your mind about the color or the fit is not quite right, whatever the reason, you can exchange it for another item or return it for a refund. ChutingStar will accept most items back for a full or partial refund, depending upon the original item, the condition and the timeliness of the return. Full returns and exchanges info at this link.
GO BIG with the QUATTRO™ audible altimeter from Larsen & Brusgaard!
The QUATTRO™ audible altimeter is the latest in micro technology and features the most advanced programming for accurately measuring freefall & canopy descent rates. The QUATTRO™ allows the skydiver four sets of warning altitudes for high speed and three for low speed flight. This provides added interactivity in configuring frequently used warning alarms.
The QUATTRO™ can also be set up to three climb warning alarms for the ultimate in precision altitude awareness.
The QUATTRO is fully automatic and can be manually turned off or on as well. The QUATTRO continually reads ambient air pressure for real-time accuracy and attention to ground level.
The QUATTRO's small and ergonomic design provides the user with comfort and less bulk when used inside a soft or hard-shell helmet. Rigging materials are included for those wishing to mount the audible on the outside of a helmet.
The QUATTRO is specifically designed for advanced skydiving disciplines: Bigways, Formation Skydiving, Freeflying, Wingsuit Flying, Student, Tandem, AFF, and also canopy related activities such as accuracy and CRW.
- Four high-speed warnings: Allows settings up to 19990 Feet and can be used for Bigway formations, wingsuit flight setup and other precision skydives where four high-speed warnings are needed and desired.
- Track Guide: 0.5 second pulsating tones between the 1st and 2nd warnings help keep track of altitude separation of tracking groups or waves.
- Three canopy descent and low speed warnings: The Canopy Descent Alerts are essentially low speed alerts and can also be used by wingsuit flyers to keep track of altitude in preparation for separation and canopy deployment.
The QUATTRO is 2 3/16" x 1 5/8" x 3/8" in size and takes CR2325 batteries.
|Brand||Larsen and Brusgaard|
|Alarm Type||Freefall and canopy alarms|
|Feet or Meters||Settings for Feet and Meters|
|Wearability||Exterior helmet mount available|
|Price View||Price Range|
Don't settle for lessI have used several audibles but this is my first audible I have owned and I'm really happy. The design and functions are really easy to use and understand. Though it comes with a map of how to program it, I honestly only needed to see the part about how to unlock it. Once its unlocked its easy to understand and use. But for those who need a little help, the course map is very detailed and user friendly. I love how I can have so many settings in just one device. Nothing in the sport is cheap. You get what you pay for. But for the price it is reasonably fair for what you're getting. It would be my first choice in recommendation for those unsure. Really helps while in the patterns for landing
Quattro means "Great" in skydiveseNever had an audible. Knew that it would be beneficial for FS & bigway & tracking & whatever. Watched the audible episode of Skydive Vibes on YouTube. Got the Quattro based on their recommendation. Set it up using Skydive Vibes episode on setting it up. Jumped with it all last weekend and was really impressed.
Easy to set up, easy to use, really customizable for all types of jumps, solidly built, comfortable in my Cookie G3. Definitely recommend.
Quattro over Optima2 anydaySo I was torn between two audibles , the L&B Quattro and Optima2, but after a tonne of research on the two I went with the Quattro. Suffice to say unless you're planning on swooping, I'd recommend going with the Quattro. A few more reasons for my choice in case you're interested:
- The Quattro has 4 high speed (freefall) alarms versus the Optima2's 3 alarms. Moreover, you can set 2 alarms on the Quattro to the same altitude and only use 3 alarms total if you'd like (or 2 or 1 alarms via the same principle); It's just superior to the Optima2 in that sense.
- The Quattro has the same number of low speed alarms (3) and ascent alarms (3) as the Optima2.
- The Quattro and Optima2 are the same weight and same dimensions as the Solo2.
- The Quattro has a 'track guide' which involves small 0.5 second beeps between the first and second alarms, which can be super useful for breaking off from large formation dives. The Optima2 doesn't have this. HOWEVER, the Optima2 has the option for the same beeps when under canopy, the so-called 'swoop guide'. So you to choose whether you want an audible aimed at swooping or not; I don't swoop and have no interest in doing so, so I went with the Quattro (The ProTrack 2 has both the track and swoop guides btw, that's in addition to the log function; however, the ProTrack 2 is bigger, heavier and more expensive).
All in all, the Quattro is the same price as the Optima2, but it's newer, has more alarms and the track guide is more useful (for me) than a swoop guide. The low speed warnings and simpler UI are great upgrades over the Solo2, so I'd say go for the Quattro over the Solo2. I didn't want/need the logbook functionality of the ProTrack 2 (or the swoop guide), moreover it's heavier (not really a big deal considering how light these things are) and larger/thicker than the Quattro, but most importantly, it's more expensive!
Great audible for all disciplines.This little thing is awesome. It takes a while to get used to clicking through the menus but after a while it is second nature. This alarm is loud enough to hear with an open face helmet in free fall (easily). Plenty of alarms for break off, track, pull and decision altitude, and also alarms for landing pattern. Loud enough that my camera can even pick up the beeps.
I have had mine for 2 years and i'm still on the same battery, some did tell me that when the battery gets low it will turn down the beep volume, just and fyi, I don't know if that was specific to this audible ( my battery has been lasting forever).
Very goodI have had it for a year and the first battery is still going strong.
Alarm volume is good. Never any problem hearing the ditter.
I recommend it.
I like itMy opinion:
* alarm volume is great - u can hear it all the time, no doubt (even in helicopter or noisy twin engine I still hear the ascending beeps very clearly)
* battery - still full after cca 6 months
* 4 beeps on freefall - I love this, honestly this is why I got this one. It's great for bigger formations with multi-staged break offs and I love it for wingsuit, as it gives u little extra on altitude awareness & its handy for flight pattern adjustment if u happen to be on a longer spot.
* fitting into G3 - I have L size & quite tight fit and I can't feel it at all + I have compared it with the other audibles and I find it the most comfy one in terms of size/shape.
* Any cons: this is weird and not critical, but strange. In 250+ jumps that I put on this altimeter, it has missed the landing pattern initial checkpoint beep 2 times (the canopy flight settings); I definitely not misheard it and the rest of pattern checkpoints were always there... But anyway - I found it somewhat weird...
Pretty coolGreat audible very durable and precise
Great AudibleGreat audible that is easy to hear and accurate. The menu can be a bit confusing but messing with it for 15 minutes was enough time for me to understand it.
Good AudibleGood audible, fairly easy to program and change when your skydive changes. Very clear alerts and does have canopy alerts which are the "slow flight" alerts. Nice to have 4 alerts for when you have multiple break offs for large group jumps. Overall very happy with the product. Fits well in my Phantom helmet. Would buy again.
Great AudibleI can hear it in the lowest volume, it is easy to configure, and you can have several pre-seted configs.