A FREE standard shipping option is available to all US, APO and FPO addresses at checkout for all orders of $99 or more (excludes Smoke Grenades). ChutingStar ships worldwide from our Marietta, Georgia, location. Orders are packaged and shipped Monday through Friday. ChutingStar offers several shipping speeds from USPS and UPS at checkout. Full Shipping Info at this link.
AON2 X2 GPS Altimeter
SuperStars Rewards is ChutingStar's "Thank You" Loyalty Program. SuperStars Rewards Points are earned and spent on products you purchase and/or review as part of the ChutingStar community. To be able to earn or redeem points, you need to create a customer account at ChutingStar.com, and be logged in to that account for all orders and reviews. Points are accumulated with each purchase you make or review posted until you decide to spend them. Full details on the the SuperStars Rewards Program at this link.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you change your mind about the color or the fit is not quite right, whatever the reason, you can exchange it for another item or return it for a refund. ChutingStar will accept most items back for a full or partial refund, depending upon the original item, the condition and the timeliness of the return. Full returns and exchanges info at this link.
AON2 X2 GPS Altimeter. The next generation digital altimeter with GPS.
Long battery life
With up to 1 week standby time and up to 50 hours of GPS navigation, you can have worry-free adventures with X2.
Bring your situational awareness to the next level by combining altitude awareness and location awareness.
X2 works with your Android or iOS smartphone wirelessly. Download jump logs, set GPS waypoints and more.
High-resolution color screen
Enhance your situational awareness with flight data displayed on our large, high-resolution 2.7″ LCD screen with excellent clarity in bright sunlight.
Arrow indicators for DZ heading and distance, and set up waypoints for navigation.
Built for any landing
X2 has IPX7 waterproof rating and can be fully submerged in fresh water or salt water down to 1 metre depth. Landed in the swoop pond? No problem!
- Operating altitude: 0 to 33,000ft (0m to 11000m)
- High resolution sunlight readable colour display (2.7″)
- Backlight for low light or night jumps
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- Battery life: 5 days*
- Charging: micro-USB
- Feet or meters
- Full IPX7 waterproof rating
- Dimensions: 77.36 x 55.12 x 13.11 mm (3.04 x 2.17 x 0.5″)
- Changeable arm bands
- ambient light sensor
- 6-axis motion sensor
- Ground speed, track
- Range and heading to landing area
- Glide ratio
- GPS log upload to Android/iOS
Detailed jump logging with wireless upload to Android/iOS
- Exit altitude
- Freefall time
- Opening altitude
*battery life depends on GPS usage, backlight and other functions being used.
Does it have a touchscreen?
- No, the X2 does not have a touchscreen, but rather 3 glove-friendly buttons on the side. Most functions will also be accessible through a smartphone app interface via Bluetooth.
Is there be an arm mount included?
- Yes, the arm mount is included in the price.
How long is the battery life? Is the battery replaceable?
- Battery life depends on the usage - typically up to 1 week of normal usage. On standby, the X2 can last up to 30 days on a single charge. Charging is done via micro USB. Only 0.25A is needed so most 1.0A-rated chargers and normal computer USB ports will be able to provide sufficient current.
- The battery is not user-replaceable due to the waterproofing of the device. However, we will offer a battery replacement service, and due to the low power design of the X2, the battery should last several years without noticeable degradation.
Does it have audible functions?
- No, the X2 does not have any audible functions. For audible indication of glide slope, heading, and GPS data logging we highly recommend the FlySight (http://www.flysight.ca/).
Can I use it with polarized sunglasses?
- Viewing the X2 is fine in "landscape mode" with most polarized sunglasses. However, if you rotate the screen 90 degrees to "portrait mode" (such as having your arms raised while flying your canopy) the screen gets blocked out by polarized sunglasses. Therefore, we do not recommend wearing polarized sunglasses while jumping with X2.
What is the GPS update frequency on the X2?
- The X2 can support up to 18Hz GPS update frequency, but it will dynamically change the update frequency to optimize battery life. Most of the time it will use 1Hz update frequency.
Does it have wifi?
- No, it does not have wifi. X2 uses Bluetooth Low Energy which means you can pair it to your mobile phone.
X2 arm bands info and sizing.
Sizing (measure around arm):
- XS 16cm
- Small 18cm
- Medium 20cm
- Large 22cm
- XL 24cm
First, to measure your arm band size to select a size, simply measure your arm around where you want to wear your altimeter. If you normally wear it over a jumpsuit, please wear the jumpsuit while taking your measurement.
To change the band, first you need to use the pin tool to pop out the spring-loaded steel bars on the mount. Gently pop them out. The arm band is just a circular piece of elastic band. There is an extra little loop in it to keep the mount from sliding around the band too much, but it's basically just a circular band.
Now, you can make your own! You just need 50mm elastic strap (you can get them for really cheap on eBay) or your local rigger probably has the straps in stock. If you can sew (or have a sewing machine) you can do it yourself, and your rigger can probably make one in less than a minute.
What color strap would you want? Where do you want to mount your X2? The possibilities are endless!
Note: if you pull on the band hard enough, you can bend the steel pins and pop them out of the mount. So please don't make a U-shaped band as this would put all of the load into the pins! A circular band distributes the load better, and ensures you're less likely to lose your X2!
Once you receive your X2, you might be wondering about the included small metal tool.
Is it for a reset button? A SIM card? Actually, no. These are for changing the arm band size. We know that these elastic arm bands eventually lose their elasticity over time, and you might need to change them over the colder months as you wear thicker clothing. So, AON2 designed X2's mount to have easily changeable arm bands!
One last thing - if you lose your pin tool, a straightened paperclip will also work. Blue skies!
|Alarm Type||No Alarms|
|Data Log||Detailed jump logging with wireless upload to Android/iOS for exit altitude, freefall time & opening altitude|
|Downloadable Info||Mac, Windows, Yes|
|Feet or Meters||Settings for Feet and Meters|
|Night Jump Glow||Yes|
|Price View||Price Range|