A FREE standard shipping option is available to all US, APO and FPO addresses at checkout for all orders of $99 or more (excludes Smoke Grenades). ChutingStar ships worldwide from our Marietta, Georgia, location. Orders are packaged and shipped Monday through Friday. ChutingStar offers several shipping speeds from USPS and UPS at checkout. Full Shipping Info at this link.
Akando Premium Winter Skydiving Gloves
SuperStars Rewards is ChutingStar's "Thank You" Loyalty Program. SuperStars Rewards Points are earned and spent on products you purchase and/or review as part of the ChutingStar community. To be able to earn or redeem points, you need to create a customer account at ChutingStar.com, and be logged in to that account for all orders and reviews. Points are accumulated with each purchase you make or review posted until you decide to spend them. Full details on the the SuperStars Rewards Program at this link.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you change your mind about the color or the fit is not quite right, whatever the reason, you can exchange it for another item or return it for a refund. ChutingStar will accept most items back for a full or partial refund, depending upon the original item, the condition and the timeliness of the return. Full returns and exchanges info at this link.
Akando Premium Skydiving Gloves.
The absolute most comfortable, flexible and warm skydiving glove available is the Akando Premium Skydiving Gloves. These gloves can be used in all seasons.
- Outside layer made of Hi-Tech material
- Warmest gloves
- Fully lined with soft insulation
- Premium tackified cowhide leather for protection, durability and grip
The Akando Premium Gloves are a combination of premium tackified black cowhide leather, Hi-Tech material back and fleece insulation layer provide that extra warmth without loss of feel and precision for those off season jumps. Backhand consists of a durable and elastic outer shell fabric and a soft inside, both of which being connected by a waterproof and breathable membrane. It traps body heat and wicks moisture away, blocking rain and wind.
For sizing, please read notes below, look at the chart in the photos and watch instructional video below.
Please take into account BOTH measurements. Length is measured from the tip of the middle finger to the root of the thumb (on the glove it is the top of the velcro closure flap). Width shown is the width of the material used on the palm. Since palm is three dimensional as it has thickness too, take into account some additional 0.7 – 1.5 cm depending on the size.
Glove sizing (width x length):
- 2XS, 8.5cm x 18cm
- XS, 9cm x 18.5cm
- Small, 9.5cm x 19cm
- Medium, 10cm x 19.5cm
- Large, 10.5cm x 20cm
- XL, 11cm x 20.5cm
- Items you will need: bucket, dish soap, two hand towels
- Rinse the glove off in cold water. You'll want to remove any dirt on the surface of the glove and get the leather thoroughly wet.
- Fill your bucket with cold water and approximately 2 tbls. of dish detergent.
- Put your hand in the water and stir it up to activate the soap and create suds.
- Place the glove in the water and swirl it around. Use your hand to agitate the soap in the water, allowing the motion to remove ground in dirt particles and sweat.
- Wash out the more hearty stains and deposits by placing the wet glove on your hand and then lightly scrubbing on the leather with a hand towel soaked in soapy water.
- Rinse the glove in clean, cold water, removing all the soap, which can dry out the leather if left on.
- Place the glove on a dry hand towel and give it a couple of hours to begin air drying.
- Place the glove back on your hand after two hours of air drying. This will help to stretch the leather, preventing it from shrinking.
- Take the glove off your hand and allow 12 hours for it to finish air drying.
|Price View||Price Range|
Good Stuff!I don't normally leave reviews, but I had to for these gloves. Have tried a few different gloves in the past and these were the first that were actually warm enough. No problem using toggles either. A little difficult to adjust straps, but to be expected. Really glad I pick these up.
Comfortable and warmThese gloves definitely keep my hands warm enough during winter jumps, while being thin enough to feel my handles and ensuring finger dexterity. Great gloves for jumping in Wisconsin winter.
Super comfortable gloveThese gloves fit a bit larger than the sizing chart suggests: according to the size recommendations, I was definitely in the Medium range, however when I received them, all of the fingers were long as well as the wrist being large even when velcro'd closed. Great quality and comfort however, which is why I exchanged them for a size Small. The back of the hand is a stretchy material that stretches with the flexionnof your hands/digits, and the leather isn't too thick to feel the toggles.