A FREE standard shipping option is available to all US, APO and FPO addresses at checkout for all orders of $99 or more (excludes Smoke Grenades). ChutingStar ships worldwide from our Marietta, Georgia, location. Orders are packaged and shipped Monday through Friday. ChutingStar offers several shipping speeds from USPS and UPS at checkout. Full Shipping Info at this link.
Custom Tonfly TFX Full Face Helmet
SuperStars Rewards is ChutingStar's "Thank You" Loyalty Program. SuperStars Rewards Points are earned and spent on products you purchase and/or review as part of the ChutingStar community. To be able to earn or redeem points, you need to create a customer account at ChutingStar.com, and be logged in to that account for all orders and reviews. Points are accumulated with each purchase you make or review posted until you decide to spend them. Full details on the the SuperStars Rewards Program at this link.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you change your mind about the color or the fit is not quite right, whatever the reason, you can exchange it for another item or return it for a refund. ChutingStar will accept most items back for a full or partial refund, depending upon the original item, the condition and the timeliness of the return. Full returns and exchanges info at this link.
Custom Tonfly TFX Full Face Helmet.
A next generation helmet by Tonfly especially developed for high speed flight.
TFX is the first Full Face Helmet made by Tonfly, as a result of intense Research and Development. It was developed to have the tightest fit and stability possible even at very high speeds.
The main reason behind the decision of developing a modular helmet and the flip chin, is simply to being able to fit in it, otherwise it would not be possible. Once the helmet is on, it is possible to keep just the visor open.
TFX is engineered to have a tight fit that protects from the base of the head and covers all around the neck. Tonfly simply wanted a small, protective helmet, made out of the highest quality materials.The flip chin also allows to communicate easily without taking off the helmet, such as for quick debriefs between tunnel sessions.
You only need one hand to open the visor or the chin piece. The visor opens by pushing the hook out and up with your thumb. Thin chin piece opens by pushing the button down with your index finger as you lift the chin up with your thumb.
The modular lining system of the TFX allows the tightest fit and combines maximum comfort with great stability giving you real protection from the base of the head up. The TFX lining is made with top quality antiallergic materials. The lining is removable and washable.
Tonfly's TFX is protective for real. The shock absorbing EPS liner keeps your head safe. The shock absorbing EPS liner is combined with the double density foam ears. Both ears can accommodate one audible altimeter on each side and fits the most common audible from LB Altimeters: Solo, Optima, Quattro and Protrack.
The TFX features a double ventilation system to keep your mind fresh even after intensive use. There are 2-way in/our air flow vents at the top and back of the helmet as well as an in-air flow vent for internal visor ventilation.
The TFX has been inspected and tested for:
- Shock absorption capacity
- Determination of field vision
- Penetration test
- Retention system performance
- -20 degrees Celsius cold conditioning
- 50 degrees Celsius hot conditioning
- UV artifical aging
- Water artifical aging
- Crash Rated European standard EN966: 2012 + A1: 2012, category HPG for AIRBORNE SPORTS
- Visor rated under standard EN166 for Personal Eye Protection
- Complies to the newly developed Skydiving Helmet Standard XP S 72-600
So wide and so clear describes the TFX visor with a super-wide visual field as well antifog and antiscratch system. The visor is 2.3mm thick polycarbonate that guarantees a wide visual field without image distortion. The TFX visor is available in clear, brown or smoke.
The visor has been rated under EN166 for Personal Eye Protection and tested for:
- Field of vision
- Lateral protection
- Refractive powers
- Quality of material and surface
- Temperature stability
- Diffusion of light
- Surface damage by fine particles
- Transmittance (UV stability)
- Increased robustness
- High speed particles
Mix the colors on your TFX as you like it! You can mix colors between the shell, chin and side plates. Available colors for the TFX, in Matte or Gloss, include:
- Dark Grey
- Lemon Yellow
- Bay Blue
- Bright Green
All standard colors above as well as the clear visor is included in the same base price. The smoke or brown visor, the X-Design and any other add-ons are extra.
- Shell 0 with a 66.5cm (26.2 in) face circumference and available liner sizes of 54cm, 55cm, 56cm and 57cm
- Shell 1 with a 68cm (26.8 in) face circumference with available liner sizes of 56cm, 57cm, 58cm and 59cm
- Shell 2 with a 69.5cm (27.4 in) face circumference available liner sizes of 58cm, 59cm, 60cm and 61cm
The inside lining is made in two parts to allow fitting to different head shapes. The main lining is based on the head circuference. The secondary lining is based more on the shape of your face and is available in 3 different thicknesses: 5mm, 10mm and 15mm. This allows three different fits for every available size, giving the TFX 36 different available size combinations between shell size, main lining and secondary lining.
- Crash Tested EN966 + EN166
- Complies with Skydiving Helmet Standard XP S 72-600
- Shell Carbon Fiber Aramid
- Visor Polycarbonate 2.3mm
- Total weight Approximately 950 grams
- Sizes 54cm to 61cm
- Helmet type Modular
You can be measured by our ChutingStar Crew at our ChutingStar Skydiving Gear SuperStore in Marietta GA or at any event or boogie we are attending. Or, you can submit your own measurements following the measuring guide below. See the image below for a demonstration of the 3 measurements, plus the additional description below. Contact us for additional help with how the measurements are taken.
- Head Circumference: Measure the circumference of the head at the forehead height, being careful that the tape is horizontal and has the right tension (not too loose, not too tight)
- Face Circumference: Extend the tape measure around the face, being careful to pass it on top of the chin, above the ears up to the top back of the head.
- Face Width: Measure the face width by positioning 2 rulers (or similar objects), at the base of the ears and make sure they are held vertically and parallel between them. Extend the tape horizontally and measure the distance between the 2 points.
- Upload a photo of the Face Width measurement being taken.
To configure your TFX, write in the desired colors above, or for further customization, please follow the instructions below.
The price listed is the base price of the TFX, and we've included some of the more common options to choose from. Any additional options selected with the online Tonfly Configurator will be added and charged to you after the ChutingStar Skydive Crew confirms the order with you and Tonfly.
- Begin by configuring your Tonfly TFX online with all your options, colors and any extras
- At Step 3 (Comments & Requests), write ChutingStar Customer
- At Step 4 (End), enter your first name, your last name, and then the ChutingStar e-mail address Gear@ChutingStar.com
- Click SAVE CONFIGURATION
- Next, you return to ChutingStar.com here to pay for your helmet by adding this helmet and options to your cart and checking out on our site (and earning those ChutingStar SuperStar$ Rewards!)
- Our ChutingStar Skydive Crew will combine your Tonfly TFX configuration, your in-shop head measurements and ChutingStar order, and will contact you to go over any additional questions and/or changes, and then finalize the order for production with Tonfly.
- As soon as the TFX arrives from Tonfly, it will ship to you with any additional items ordered from ChutingStar!
|Audible Pockets or Mounts||Left Inner Pocket, Right Inner Pocket|
|Camera Mount Options||None|
|Chin Fastener Options||Chin Cup, Chin Strap|
|Liner Type||Certified thermoformed|
|Shell Material||Carbon Fiber|
|Sizes Available||XS, Small, Medium, Large, XL, 2XL|
|Helmet Type||Open Face|
|Colors Available||Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Orange, Pink, Red, White, Yellow|
|Visor Flips Up||Yes|
|Visor Tint||Clear or Smoke|
|Price View||Price Range|
Worth every pennyI LOVE my TFX helmet! It is a very high quality helmet and it shows.
The pros: it's extremely comfortable! It is safety rated unlike most/all of the other helmets currently on the market. Being able to put it on like an open face helmet means a tighter/more secure fit while I'm flying. This also allows for riding up to altitude or walking back to the hangar after landing with the face open rather that feeling restricted or having to clip it to my chest strap. It's also great for briefing between rounds in the wind tunnel. It fits my head just right, even with flipping my long hair up on top of my head unlike most helmets. The liners are made to be removed, washed, and reinserted easily. The visor and front face locking mechanism is one-handed and easy to use once you get used to it. The visor doesn't really fog up like a G3. I got the helmet around mid February and could've left the visor closed with no problems as it only fogged a little in the bottom-center of the visor. Finally, since they're still pretty rare, owning one definitely makes you stand out in the crowd and starts a lot of conversations and gawking.
The cons: It has to be custom ordered so if you don't live near a dealer, it can be hard to order. Due to being custom made, the price is much higher than other helmets. Production time has to be taken into consideration so you can't order your helmet and have it in a few days like all of the other options. Also, the visor sometimes has a little bit of a whistle under canopy if you open it fully. I don't mind it but I could see where it could bother some people.
Overall: I LOVE this helmet and would recommend it to anyone with the patience to wait for it to be made and the budget to pay for it!