A FREE standard shipping option is available to all US, APO and FPO addresses at checkout for all orders of $99 or more (excludes Smoke Grenades). ChutingStar ships worldwide from our Marietta, Georgia, location. Orders are packaged and shipped Monday through Friday. ChutingStar offers several shipping speeds from USPS and UPS at checkout. Full Shipping Info at this link.
Javelin Odyssey Skydiving Container (Stock 10-12 Weeks/Custom 20 Weeks)
Javelin Odyssey Order Form & Designer
SuperStars Rewards is ChutingStar's "Thank You" Loyalty Program. SuperStars Rewards Points are earned and spent on products you purchase and/or review as part of the ChutingStar community. To be able to earn or redeem points, you need to create a customer account at ChutingStar.com, and be logged in to that account for all orders and reviews. Points are accumulated with each purchase you make or review posted until you decide to spend them. Full details on the the SuperStars Rewards Program at this link.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you change your mind about the color or the fit is not quite right, whatever the reason, you can exchange it for another item or return it for a refund. ChutingStar will accept most items back for a full or partial refund, depending upon the original item, the condition and the timeliness of the return. Full returns and exchanges info at this link.
Custom Javelin Odyssey container. SunPath's Javelin Odyssey is a mainstay of the skydiving industry. The Odyssey now has the Skyhook option.
Javelin's Odyssey container now features the optional Stabilized Lateral System (S.L.S.). The new S.L.S. design keeps the rig against your back, regardless of your body position. This new independent lateral pad provides greater comfort especially under canopy.
SunPath manufacturing time does vary, but the company does keep a selection of stock rigs that can be built to your body measurements and options at a faster turnaround time than custom. These containers are already "pre-built" except for the harness with hip/chest rings, spacerfoam and pin-stripes. Skyhook, Phat Daddy Reserve Handle and Easy Grip Dive Loops can be added as well. Contact ChutingStar for more information or to place an order.
Standard Javelin Odyssey Features:
- Stainless steel rings at the hips and chest provide a pivot point for the main lift web. What was once a point where the harness would bind and pinch now allows for a custom, comfortable fit with a secure harness without sacrificing mobility. Available in a four ring version (hip and chest) on the Javelin Legacy and two or four ring on the Odyssey.
- The SkyHook is a main assist reserve deployment system that uses a malfunctioning main to extract the reserve freebag from the container and provide a fully inflated reserve in as little as 80 feet. All Javelin Odyssey’s with a date of manufacture of February 2007 or later are Skyhook compatible.
A or V stripe on the reserve pin cover
- Adding an “A” or “V: stripe to your reserve pin cover or #3 flap is an another way to customize your Javelin Odyssey, add the optional pin stripes for an even more personal touch.
- Pin striping is available on the mid flap (A-E stripes), the reserve pop top and along with the “A” or “V” stripes.
Spacer foam back pad
- Quarter inch foam padding underneath breathable, durable mesh combine to make our spacer foam back pad the most comfortable in the industry.
Sun Path Backpad (SPB)
- This channeled back pad offers “standoff” between the rig and the jumpers back, allowing air to circulate, keeping the wearer cooler than a standard back pad. The back pad is available on the Javelin Odyssey in black.
Phat Daddy Reserve ripcord
- Using the same manufacturing and raw material as our Phat Daddy cutaway handle, the Phat Daddy reserve is a soft handle with the bulk required to get a good grip in an emergency as well as another way to make your Javelin truly yours with custom colors and embroidery.
Easy grip dive loops
- These dive loops have a design similar to our easy grip control toggles. Thanks to bungee sewn internally these dive loops remain open and ready to help you steer your parachute to it maximum performance yet stow away easily during packing.
- For those jumpers with physical limitations, or who jump specialized gear like demo flags, that make standard step through leg strap hardware impractical.
Asymmetrical Center Flap or section 1A a different color
- Not everyone lives in a right angle symmetrical world. Show your individual side and color your rig to suit your personality!
Extended Chest Strap
- For all you hard core canopy pilots, chest straps can be ordered in 2” increments up to 12” longer than our standard 19”.
Use the online order form at this link to submit your measurements, options and design, and to select ChutingStar as your dealer:
Follow the Measuring Guide shown at this link.
Learn more about Sun Path options at this link.
Then submit the order here by adding the Odyssey to your cart and checking out on ChutingStar.com.
Once the order is submitted, we will contact you to review the order, make any updates or changes you may need with you before finalizing the order with Sun Path. Payment is made by adding this Javelin Odyssey to your online cart with payment. Contact us if you have any questions.
|Brand||Sun Path Products|
|Articulation Availability||Hip, Chest & Hip, None|
|Padding Options Available||Molded Backpad & Spacerfoam Legpads, Spacerfoam Padding, Standard Padding|
|Chest Strap Widths Available||Type 17 Narrow 1", Type 8 Wide 1 23/32"|
|Cutaway Handles Available||Loop, Phat Daddy|
|Fabrics Available||Cordura 1000, Diamond Back, Houndstooth, Parapack|
|Hardware Type Availability||Stainless Steel|
|Main Deployment Handles Available||Freefly Handle, Hackey|
|Reserve Handles Available||Phat Daddy, Stainless D-Ring|
|Riser Cover Types Available||Tuck Tab|
|Riser Sizes Available||Type 17 1" (mini-risers), Type 8 1 23/32" (wide risers)|
|RSL Options||Skyhook RSL, Standard RSL|
|Toggle Types Available||Velcro, Velcroless|
|Kill Line Pilot Chute Availability||Included|
|Hook Knife Pouch Availability||Yes|
|Cut In Laterals Availability||Yes|
|Name Embroidery Available||Yes (at extra charge)|
|Price View||Price Range|
Most comfortable rig on the market!I absolutely love my Javelin Odyssey. It fits perfectly (as any custom container should), and unlike my first rig (also custom, different brand), it allows me to move freely in freefall. It goes where I go, instead of working against my movements. It's like it gives me a big Sun Path hug every time I put it on - with ridiculous comfort in the plane, in freefall, and under canopy.
Sun Path Products has some of the best customer service in the industry, and I wouldn't (and don't) hesitate to recommend it to anyone and everyone looking for their first or next container.
Thank you, Sun Path!