A FREE standard shipping option is available to all US, APO and FPO addresses at checkout for all orders of $99 or more (excludes Smoke Grenades). ChutingStar ships worldwide from our Marietta, Georgia, location. Orders are packaged and shipped Monday through Friday. ChutingStar offers several shipping speeds from USPS and UPS at checkout. Full Shipping Info at this link.
UPT Reserve Pilot Chute
SuperStars Rewards is ChutingStar's "Thank You" Loyalty Program. SuperStars Rewards Points are earned and spent on products you purchase and/or review as part of the ChutingStar community. To be able to earn or redeem points, you need to create a customer account at ChutingStar.com, and be logged in to that account for all orders and reviews. Points are accumulated with each purchase you make or review posted until you decide to spend them. Full details on the the SuperStars Rewards Program at this link.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you change your mind about the color or the fit is not quite right, whatever the reason, you can exchange it for another item or return it for a refund. ChutingStar will accept most items back for a full or partial refund, depending upon the original item, the condition and the timeliness of the return. Full returns and exchanges info at this link.
UPT Reserve Pilot Chute.
The latest UPT Reserve Pilot Chute for Sport Vector (Micron, M-Series and Student SE), Sigma Tandem and Micro Sigma Tandem containers. Available in two cap sizes. This is the reserve pilot chute manufactured by United Parachute Technologies for use in all Vector, Sigma and Micro Sigma containers.
The standard size is the 6" cap, and in 2017 UPT introduced a new reserve pilot chute with a smaller 5" cap for use in all Micron containers. The new 5" cap reserve pilot chute has a red cap to differentiate it from our standard reserve pilot chute which has a 6" white cap.
The reason for the change is that it creates a more aesthetically pleasing look in the smaller more compact containers. The larger containers don't show a cosmetic improvement and will continue to utilize the 6" white capped reserve pilot chute.
Information about and features of the red 5" capped RPC:
- Recessed grommet improves cosmetics by reducing the profile of the flaps closed over it, allowing the reserve pin cover to conform better to the container
- Same inflated diameter and drag as 6" capped PCs produced for decades
- Same spring as 6" capped PCs
- Same weight and balance as 6" capped PCs
- Red parapac top for easy identification
- Passed all required FAA TSO tests
- Passed all requited PIA TS-112 tests
- Tested in V300 through Sigma sized containers
- No modifications required to replace a 6" PC
- Now supplied as the reserve PC for all Microns (V300-V320)
The 5" Cap Reserve Pilot Chute is MANDATORY for the V300 container, per UPT. The back side of the reserve center flap on all V300 containers is red with the following warning label:
- WARNING: This container is ONLY compatible with Uninsured United Parachute Technologies Red Topped Reserve Pilot Chute Part Number 022-001-001
The 5" Cap Reserve PC is NOT tested/approved in Wonderhog, Winderhog Sprint, Vector 1, or Vector 2 containers, so those container will still require the 6" Cap Reserve Pilot Chute.
|Colors Available||Red, White|
|Price View||Price Range|