The Edge by SkySystems USA is a great first helmet for a skydiver as the versatility of it's design allows it to be used as a standard open-face helmet with padded chin-strap. But later on, or for the expert skydiver, it can be expanded to become a top-mounted video helmet setup with addition of a chincup.
The Edge comes standard with the Poron XRD extreme impact protection liner, which is the thickest and most comfortable helmet liner in skydiving! The lining is also anti-microbial, which means it eliminates 99% bacteria, mold and mildew which increases the longevity of the liner and decreases unwanted stains and odors.
It has a unique open face design that allows for a small camera top mounting, perfect for a GoPro, Contour or Drift camera. Also standard are dual audible pockets and a wide, comfortable leather, adjustable chin-strap.
This helmet is arguably the quietest and most comfortable open faced helmet on the market today.
ChutingStar stocks the Edge in Flat and Gloss Carbon. The Edge is available in sizes of xx-small (20.3-20.7"), x-small (20.6-21.5"), small (21.4-22"), medium (22-22.6"), large (22.5-23.1"), x-large (23-23.5") and xx-large (23.5-23.8"). Please indicate size and color. See the full SkySystems sizing chart at this link.
So how does PORON® XRD™ protection work?
- On impact, the PORON XRD high performance molecules create a unique protective shield that absorbs up to 90% of the most intense force* - hit after hit.
Repeated Impact Protection
- PORON XRD technology offers the best repeated shock absorption of any high performance protection foam for extreme applications. In a nutshell, impact force dissipates and is distributedover a larger area, resulting in lower stress to the wearer. Upon high speed contact, PORON XRD material instantaneously firms creating a protective shield that absorbs the strike, while remaining comfortable and non-confining as it returns to its ‘resting’ state. Because XRD foam will not break down on impact you get maximum protection every hit. So, go ahead. Slam it; crash it; pound it. When everything depends on it, PORON XRD protection will be there for you - strong.
- The XRD difference is notable even when the foam is at its thinnest, which means protective gear featuring PORON XRD protection are often more comfortable, flexible and breathable than other protective products. It feels soft and smooth and contours to the body.
- When things heat up, keeping your cool is crucial. Breathable PORON XRD technology fits like a second skin for as long as you wear it, ensuring ease of motion and air flow. And, it won’t weigh you down with bulky padding, so you are free to focus on the game, not on your equipment.
Thin and Lightweight
- Kiss your bulky, uncomfortable padding good bye. PORON XRD technology means you get the best protection – period – in a lightweight material that can replace bulkier, non-conformable pads. The XRD difference comes in a wide range of weights and thickness options, but is always recognizable by the signature XRD yellow.
- Our application testing shows PORON XRD molecules will not break down over time like some competitive materials. So you get the same superior cushioning and protection performance throughout the lifetime of the product.
|Audible Pockets or Mounts||Left Inner Pocket, Right Inner Pocket|
|Carry Bag Included||No|
|Camera Mount Options||Top Mount|
|Chin Fastener Options||Chin Strap|
|Liner Type||Poron XRD|
|Shell Material||Carbon Fiber|
|Helmet Type||Open Face|
|Colors Available||Flat Carbon, Gloss Carbon|
|Visor Flips Up||No|