A FREE standard shipping option is available to all US, APO and FPO addresses at checkout for all orders of $99 or more (excludes Smoke Grenades). ChutingStar ships worldwide from our Marietta, Georgia, location. Orders are packaged and shipped Monday through Friday. ChutingStar offers several shipping speeds from USPS and UPS at checkout. Full Shipping Info at this link.
FlySight Audible GPS
SuperStars Rewards is ChutingStar's "Thank You" Loyalty Program. SuperStars Rewards Points are earned and spent on products you purchase and/or review as part of the ChutingStar community. To be able to earn or redeem points, you need to create a customer account at ChutingStar.com, and be logged in to that account for all orders and reviews. Points are accumulated with each purchase you make or review posted until you decide to spend them. Full details on the the SuperStars Rewards Program at this link.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you change your mind about the color or the fit is not quite right, whatever the reason, you can exchange it for another item or return it for a refund. ChutingStar will accept most items back for a full or partial refund, depending upon the original item, the condition and the timeliness of the return. Full returns and exchanges info at this link.
FlySight Audible GPS.
Now with the 10 hz update and logging as well the higher-gain antenna update!
FlySight is not your mother's GPS. FlySight was designed by Bionic Avionics Inc. from the ground up for wingsuit and canopy pilots and does one truly revolutionary thing:
FlySight provides real-time audible indication of glide ratio, horizontal or vertical speed.
If you've used other GPS receivers, you know the drill. When you land, you review data from the jump. If you're lucky, or if you've planned a very simple jump, you might remember what you were doing when your glide ratio maxed out. On the next jump, you try to do it again.
FlySight speeds the learning process.
When you change your body position, you instantly hear a change in the tone. Your brain easily connects this feedback with your precise body position, making it astonishingly easy to remember what worked and what didn't.
FlySight handles the dynamics of freefall exceptionally well. FlySight can be turned on a few minutes before exit, and begins providing audible feedback immediately after exit.
"I highly recommend the FlySight," says Jeff Nebelkopf, Chief Wingsuit Test Pilot for Tony Suits. "It is a great training tool and logs 5 points per second. Like any GPS there is about a 1 second lag time. Once you do a few jumps with it your glide ratio or speed should improve."
It's also proven be a great tool for canopy swoopers.
“The 5Hz sample rate, accuracy, and small size have made the FlySight an effective tool for swoop training," says competitive canopy pilot Dan Raymond. "I use it to track key performance metrics and to generate a detailed 3D view of the entire swoop.”
Note: The FlySight Audible GPS can only be heard with a pair of stereo headphones (not included).
See the FlySight mounts available from ChutingStar.com for secure external mounting options.
- The FlySight Viewer is a simple utility which produces plots of your logged jumps. Data can be imported from FlySight CSV or NMEA files produced by most GPS receivers.
Plots can include one or two parameters on the vertical axis, including:
- Glide ratio
- Horizontal speed
- Vertical speed
The horizontal axis may be either time or distance. This allows the user to measure how much forward movement is achieved in a given vertical drop.
Finally, the Flysight Viewer can export data as FlySight CSV or NMEA files, or as KML files which can be loaded into Google Earth.
Download requires Mac OS 10.5
Download requires Windows XP, Vista, or 7
- If you are looking for a more full-featured package, we strongly recommend Paralog, which is available separately through ChutingStar.com.
- Data from FlySight can be imported into Paralog, where it becomes part of a comprehensive logbook, including jump details, photos, video, and more.
- As well as producing 2D plots from logged data, Paralog can also produce 3D jump profiles, as shown in the screenshot to the right.
FlySight Audible GPS Features:
- u-blox 8 chipset
- 10 Hz update and logging
- Real-time audible feedback
- 1 s
- 28 s
- 28 s
- 2.5 m (autonomous)
- 2.0 m (SBAS)
- 0.1 m/s
- 512 MB microSD card included
- One million seconds of logged data at 5 Hz
- Data and configuration accessed via USB flash drive
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Charging time: 1.5 hours
- Operating time: 2.5 to 3.5 hours
- 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack
- Requires a pair of stereo earphones (not included)
Dimensions: 50 mm (2 inches) x 50 mm (2 inches) x 15 mm (0.6 inches)
Weight: less than 50 g
- FlySight GPS receiver
- 512 MB microSD card installed
- Mini USB data/charging cable
Note: When mounting your FlySight, and also using a GoPro camera, mount the two with as much space between the two as possible as the GoPro can cause interference with some of the GPS signals being received by the FlySight.
Important Notes on FlySight Altitude Alarms
There are a couple of ways to get altitude indication with the FlySight:
- Up to 10 altitude alarms can be configured, either as beeps or it can play a file at that altitude.
- With the latest firmware, there is also an "altitude mode" which will call out altitude at fixed intervals above 1500 m.
There are a couple of big caveats with both of these:
- Both indicate "geometric altitude", which is the true altitude above ground. Most altimeters measure pressure and then convert this to altitude by assuming a standard atmospheric model, but this can result in 5-10% differences compared to the true altitude. The situation here isn't quite as simple as "geometric is more accurate", since, e.g., aircraft use barometric altimeters, so flight levels are defined in terms of barometric altitude.
- The user must manually configure the dropzone elevation.
- Finally, these altitude indications are intended as a secondary source of information only--e.g., they are useful for wingsuit competitors to indicate the top/bottom of the competition window. They should never be used for life-saving purposes, for a few reasons, e.g., a GPS can lose signal; the user's earphone could fall out or fail in some other way; the unit could be configured with an incorrect dropzone elevation. For all of these reasons, we strongly recommend that FlySight should not be used, e.g., to indicate break-off or pull altitude.
|Alarm Type||Freefall alarms only|
|Data Log||One million seconds of logged data at 5 Hz|
|Downloadable Info||Added software optional, Mac, Windows, Yes|
|Feet or Meters||Settings for Feet and Meters|
|Wearability||Exterior helmet mount available|
|Night Jump Glow||No|
|Size||One Size Fits All|
|Price View||Price Range|
Overall good product, must-have for CPBought this for canopy training. It's definitely an incredibly helpful tool for my progression. I did run into issue of it not working, but was able to fix the issue after contacting the customer support that responded quickly.
Broke easily. Hoping they fix it.I used this for about 50 jumps and the switch broke. There was no impact, it just broke due to normal use. I have contacted the company and waiting to see what they say.
While it was working, it did exactly what I wanted it to. I hope I can change this review to 5*'s x 3, if they are willing to fix my problem
Highly effective gadget in a skydiver's arsenalAn amazing tech product - simple yet super effective! Be it wing suiting flights, tracking jumps or swooping, you can easily configure the device with various settings based on your activity. Your progression can be much faster by analyzing the flight data. The beta firmware has some new features where you can hear voice sounds during the flight.
Great tool to improve your glide ratio, speed or fall rate in a tracking or wingsuit.Fantastic tool to improve your glide ratio, speed or fall rate in a tracking or wingsuit. The realtime feedback and review tool are great. A must for any jumper who wants to fine tune his/her performance.
Great GPS Altimeter - not just for wingsuitingI bought my FlySight for wingsuiting, but use it for all my jumps. I like the accuracy, the GPS integration with Paralog software (so I don't have to enter the DZ, it knows where I jumped), the ease of accessing the files, the configurable nature of the device. The only problem I've had is updating the firmware.
Awesome toy!I love my flysight!
That simply is the easiest way to describe my feelings towards this little thing..
Being able to get feedback while flying is a great training tool, specially when you get stuck wingsuiting alone from time to time..
The PPC (Paralog Performance Competition) is also great fun to take part in, to compare your own flights with others around the world..
All in all, i fun little gadget..