The Sony Alpha NEX Wide-Angle SEL1018 E-Mount Lens.
Perfect lens for wide-angle skydiving or skate shots with your Sony Alpha NEX-series camera!
Super wide-angle zoom lenses are ideal for taking photos of sweeping landscapes and producing striking images with emphasized perspective. For users who seek a wider minimum focal length than offered by standard wide-angle zoom lenses, the SEL1018 is the ideal choice.
- 10-18 mm super wide-angle zoom lens with a maximum aperture of F4
- Minimum focal length of 10 mm (15 mm in 35 mm-camera equivalency)
- Superbly detailed images
- Built-in OSS image stabilization (Optical SteadyShot)
10-18 mm super wide-angle zoom lens
- The SEL-1018 offers a constant maximum aperture of F4 through the entire focal length range, enabling use of the widest aperture at every focal length. Even in low-light environments, such as outdoors at sunset, users will be able to take advantage of the bright aperture and use fast shutter speeds without unnecessarily raising ISO sensitivity.
Minimum focal length of 10 mm (15 mm in 35 mm eq.)
- Thanks to a minimum focal length of only 10 mm (15 mm in 35 mm-camera equivalency), the SEL-1018 delivers finely detailed, super wide-angle photos, ideal for shooting majestic landscapes that can only be captured with super wide-angle lenses, as well as for producing striking photos with emphasized perspective.
Superb image capturing capability
- Three Aspherical lens elements correct for spherical aberration and distortion, making it possible to shoot high-contrast, high-quality images with markedly less bleeding even at the maximum aperture. In addition, the optical system employs Super Extra-low Dispersion glass, realizing highly detailed images with reduced color aberration even at the 10 mm focal length.
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization
- The built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system provides a 4-stop (approx.) shutter speed advantage, making it significantly easier to achieve crisp, blur-free images and video.
Internal Focusing System
- Lens elements at the rear of the optical system move, allowing rapid auto-focus response.
- In low-light shots or nightscapes, out-of-focus light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Lens Type: E-mount 10-18mm F4
- Lens Mount Type: Sony E-mount
- Aperture: f/4
- Aperture (Max.): f/4
- Aperture (Min.): f/22
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 15-27 mm
- Filter Diameter: 62 mm
- Lens Construction: 8-10
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.84" (0.25m)
- Angle of View: 109°-76° (APS-C)
- Aperture Blade: 7 blades (Circular aperture)
- Dimensions (Max. Diameter x Length): 2-7/8 x 2-1/2" (70.0 x 63.5 mm)
- Distance Encoder: Yes
- Exterior Finish: Black
- Lens Weight: 8oz (225g)
- Maximum Magnification: x 0.1
- Steady Shot Mode:Active: Lens-based Image Stabilization (OSS)
- Image Stabilization: Optical SteadyShot
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 2 7/8" x 2 1/2" (70 x 63.5mm) (Diameter x Length)
- Weight (Approx.): 8oz (225g)
- Front and rear lens cap
- ALC-SH123 petal shaped, bayonet type lens hood
|Step up Rings Included||No|
|Thread Sizes Available||No|
|HD or Standard||HD|
|Camera Zoom Compatible||Yes|
|Wide Angle Spec||No|
|Filter Kit Available||Yes|
|Lens Cover||Back Side Cover, Front Side Cover, Yes|