don't forget about
m2 Multi AAD.
The m2 is an automatic activation device from MarS a.s. The m2 Multi is the latest configuration with 5 modes in 1 unit!
The automatic activation device m2 provides automatic cutting of the closing loop of the reserve parachute when a skydiver is going above a set speed and through a set altitude.
m2 Multi features:
- 5 in 1 multi mode - Student, Intermediate, Professional, Canopy Piloting and Tandem
- Up to 15.5 years or 15,000 jumps without maintenance or battery change
- Activation altitude may be changed by user
- Waterproof to 2 metres for 24 hours
- Redesigned user replaceable cutter
- Guillotine type blade that is shortest length on market (55mm)
- Backwards compatible with original m2 AAD
- Gravity Index - will show you if you are risking unintentional activation
- Can be set in feet of metres
- Easy to read control unit
- Easy access menu, can be accessed when unit is on or off
Other features of the m2 are:
- Lifetime of 15.5 years
- No scheduled service
- Battery life of up to 15,000 jumps
- Simple operation
- Stores the flight record during active use
- Multi mode unit has 5 modes in 1 unit: Student, Intermediate, Professional, Canopy Piloting and Tandem
- Replaceable cutter
- Able to be submersed under water
- Solid structure
- Flexible cables
The mode of the m2 Multi can be changed by the user.
The user can also change activation to altitude in 100' increments up to a maximum of plus 900'. The process for changing the activation altitude is simple and is shown in the flow chart in the images.
The metal parts are made from stainless steel and aluminum alloy. The cutter is replaceable by a rigger.
m2 AAD units have been sold since June 2011. Since this time there have been thousands of jumps with m2. There have been three known saves with the m2.
It is constructed and produced on the basis of the latest skydiving research by MarS a.s., which is based out of the Czech Republic. Automatic Activation Devices in MarS a.s. were first produced in 2003. The first device was MPAAD (Mars Parachute Automatic Activation Device). The device has already received a number of activations and saved many lives. This unit was the second electronic automatic activation device in the world. Another device from MarS is the MPAAD Pilot. The device is intended for use in emergency parachutes for pilots of aircraft and helicopters.
The new generation of AAD is represented in the m2, by combining experience in development, production and use of previous security devices.
To download the m2 Multi owner's manual for more information, click here.
After purchasing and receiving your m2 AAD, you can register it at this link to be notified of any updates from the manufacturer.
Detail InformationBattery Schedule15,000 jumpsCarry CaseNoJump InfoAAD Lifespan15.5 yearsMaintenance ScheduleNo scheduled maintenanceModesMultiAvailable Cutter Counts1 CutterUser Changeable ModesYesWater ResistantYes
ReviewsAdd your review
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Awesome AAD if you are looking to buy a new one.
Awesome AAD with multiple settings for same and different landing altitude. Its reasonably priced and has a great produce life.
Quality Durability Price
- “ALL IN ONE”
This is my second purchased for my new rig. Very cheap price for ALL IN ONE USE.
Easy to operate!!!
Quality Durability Price
More Reviews×Price:Actual Price:The advertised price above is higher than the actual price for this item. Add this item to your cart to see your price. Contact us if you have any further questions on this item.The advertised price is higher than the actual price for this item. Add this item to your cart to see your price. Contact us if you have any further questions on this item.