don't forget about
TheRock KISS Phatnom X/XV GoPro Camera Mount Kit.
NEW! TheRock: A non-cutaway snag resistant mount.
- Easy installation only requires 2 small machine screws.
- Drilling holes in the G4 does void impact rating as stated by manufacturer. See installation tutorial for more info.
- Installation kit is included (Jig, Bit, template, bolt, video tutorial). User must provide a drill, phillips screwdriver, and flex tape or piece of string.
- Angle marks to make quick, reliable, repeatable camera angle adjustments.
- Is removable in seconds for tunnel flying, quickly reinstalled all without having to even remove the camera from the base.
- Includes detentes for secure angle locking, finger tightening of bolt is all that is required for a secure angle.
- Manufactured from durable plastic materials.
- Coated in a UV stable, scratch resistant coating to provide an extended service life.
- Ongoing support provided by the manufacturer (Collette Tech), known for great service and maintaining replacement parts.
TheRock is a more traditional non-cutaway mount. However, it still packs some features not seen in other mounts. While it is a very snag resistant design, the mount also includes detentes. These detentes make the angle setting very rigid. You shouldn't be hitting your camera on the exit but let's face it, it happens. This mount will not only reduce snagging hazard but also maintain that perfect angle setting if it does get bumped.
Along with the detentes, there are angle setting marks on the side of the mount. If removing the mount and reinstalling later, your preferred angle setting is easily and quickly repeatable. Checking camera angle on jump run? We all do it....the angle markings quickly let you know that it is set properly.
Because of the rigid angle setting and repeat-ability of the install, some more serious jumpers who film with full face setups have placed a dot on the visor (with something such as a small round sticker) in lieu of a ring sight that you would see on full professional setups. This is great for camera flyers getting outside video on fun jumps, video of team jumps, training jumps, etc. or any jump where you want to ensure you get the shot but don't need or want a full camera setup.
Install with this mount is also a breeze. The kit comes with all necessary hardware including an appropriately sized drill bit and proper alan keys. All you need to provide is a drill to make two small holes for the mounting bolts. Two small bolts through the base and one through the camera case have this mount ready to go to work.
This mount is intended to fit the KISS, Phantom X and Phantom XV helmets only with either the HERO3, HERO4, HERO 2018, HERO5, HERO6 or HERO7 Black GoPro cameras (select version above).
- Fits camera without any extra housing
- Access the battery and card without removing the camera from the base.
- This model is intended to fit the Hero5/Hero6/Hero7 dive housing and will also fit the Hero5/Hero6/Hero7 Black frame. This model will also fit the Hero3/Hero4 but only if using the slimline housing.
- This model only works with the HERO3/HERO4 standard housing. Does not fit the slimline housing. The original housing has a curved bottom and the slimline design has a flat bottom.
Note: GoPro Housings shown in photos are for demonstration purposes and are not included. The housings are available separately from ChutingStar.
Detail InformationColors AvailableBlackHardware IncludedYesMount Positions AvailableTopHelmet SpecificYesVariable AnglesYesFlush MountOffsetCurved AdaptorFits a curved surfaceFits Dual CamerasNoQuick ReleaseNoSizeNo
ReviewsAdd your review
More Reviews×Price:Actual Price:The advertised price above is higher than the actual price for this item. Add this item to your cart to see your price. Contact us if you have any further questions on this item.The advertised price is higher than the actual price for this item. Add this item to your cart to see your price. Contact us if you have any further questions on this item.