The Cookie Fuel.
This open face helmet can be ordered as the helmet only for use as a basic, comfortable open-face helmet. Or it can be transformed into a full-on camera helmet with a top-mount, side-mount, cutaway chinstrap and outside access audible mount.
Just as Cookie Composites revolutionized the full-face camera helmet with the G3, the Fuel looks to do the same for the open-face and POV camera helmet markets.
The Cookie Fuel shell is made of a High Impact ABS / Polycarbonate Blend. It comes standard with pressed foam chin strap (non-cutaway) and blank side and top plates.
The blank side plates will hold any audible altimeter, but the audible won’t be visible from the outside of the helmet unless the optional audible mount side plate is ordered.
Optional Side Plate/Mount features Include:
- Visible audible altimeter port for Larsen & Brusgaard Solo II, Optima II and Quattro audible altimeters
- Visible audible altimeter port for Larsen & Brusgaard ProTrack
- Visible audible altimeter port for Alti-2 N3 (or N3A with screen pointing inward)
- Flat Side Mount Plate
- Cooke Contour Rail Mount (Requires Flat Side Mount Plate)
- Sony AS10/AS15/AS30 Sleeve (Requires Flat Side Mount Plate)
- Fuel GoPro Top Mount allows you to use the proprietary click-in style GoPro Mounts.
- Fuel GoPro Roller Mount available for the HERO/HERO2, HERO3 or HERO3+. The design of the Fuel GoPro Roller Mount provides a low center of gravity GoPro mounting solution while enclosing the base of the camera to reduce line snags. The design easily allows the skydiver to adjust the viewing camera angle over a 75-degree range. The mount has graduated marks so you can easily set your desired angle of view every time. Manufactured from aircraft grade aluminum with a hard anodized finish.
- Optional Fuel Cutaway Chinstrap is a release system that meets the specific needs of the Fuel headgear. The cutaway system has been tested in accordance with the FPF standard for camera headgear release systems.
- Standard chinstrap is constructed of pressed foam with a squeeze buckle closure.
The side and top plates all come in black.
The helmet come in 12 flat finish colors that include Yellow, Bubble Gum, Lime, Charcoal, Sand, Red, Tactical Green, Black, White, Royal, Navy and Orange.
Available sizes include: xsmall (51-52 cm or 20-20.5 in), small (52-53 cm or 20.5-20.75 in), medium (53-55 cm or 20.75-21.5 in), large (55-57 cm or 21.5-22.25 in), xlarge (57-59 cm or 22.25-23 in) and xxlarge (59-61 cm or 23-24 in). Using a tape measure please determine the circumference of head to the nearest 1/8 of an inch. Do this by placing the tape measure around the widest part of your head which will be above the eye brows and ears.
Installation instructions for optional mounts are below, and are included with the accessories ordered. Tools and parts for accessory installation are included with the helmet and/or accessories.
- Good solid helmet option Review by Cathy
Quality Durability Price
Overall a solid buy, I am super happy (Posted on 11/27/2013)
- Good Helmet, Poor N3 Mounting Review by Brian
Quality Durability Price
|Audible Pockets or Mounts||Left Inner Pocket, Left Outer Mount, Right Inner Pocket, Right Outer Mount|
|Carry Bag Included||Yes|
|Camera Mount Options||Side Mount, Top and Side Mount|
|Chin Fastener Options||Chin Strap|
|Liner Type||Soft Felt Liner|
|Shell Material||High Impact ABS / Polycarbonate Blend|
|Sizes Available||Large (55-57 cm or 21.5-22.25 in), Medium (53-55 cm or 20.75-21.5 in), Small (52-53 cm or 20.5-20.75 in), X-Large (57-59 cm or 22.25-23 in), X-Small (51-52 cm or 20-20.5 in), XX-Large (59-61 cm or 23-24 in)|
|Helmet Type||Open Face|
|Colors Available||Black, Lime, Orange, Red, White, Yellow|
|Visor Flips Up||No Visor (Open Face)|