The Black Sony NEX-3NL Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens.
It’s everything you’ve ever wanted in a camera. Not only is it the smallest and lightest camera with APS-C sensor in the world with swappable lenses, it even produces magazine-worthy shots with the blurry backgrounds you crave. There’s even a screen that flips completely around for perfectly-framed self-portraits and a motorized zoom lens. It’s really in a class of its own.
- 16.1 MP Exmor® APS-C sensor for great images
- World’s smallest and lightest interchangeable lens camera
- New SELP1650 lens with motor zoom lever and body control
- Create easy self-portraits with 180° tilting LCD screen
- Full HD movie shooting 60i/24p2
- Built-in Guide Number 6 Flash brightens the scene
- Up to ISO 16000 sensitivity with advanced noise reduction
- Intelligent AF system keeps subject in focus automatically
- Auto Object Framing fills the frame with your subject
- Up to 4 FPS shooting to capture the decisive moment
16.1 MP Exmor® HD APS sensor
- You get incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements. Thanks to the large 16.1 megapixel APS-C sensor size and Sony Exmor® APS HD CMOS technology, the camera achieves high resolution with no penalty in low-light sensitivity or sensor noise.
New SELP1650 power zoom lens with motor zoom lever and body control
- A new zoom lever on the body of the camera allows for effortless one-handed operation and smooth zooming* even when shooting self-portraits, bringing compact camera convenience to the realm of interchangeable-lens models.
Beautifully composed self-portraits made easy
- The NEX-3N’s tiltable LCD screen flips up 180° to make shooting self-portraits a snap. Include other people, experiment with interesting angles or shoot against famous landmarks. When you press the shutter, the camera does all the work.
Full HD 1080/60i/24p or 1080/30p MP4 movies4
- Record stunning high quality Full HD video4 in either 60i or 24p frames per second. Records in your choice of 60i/24p Blu-Ray quality AVCHD™ format5, or in PC-friendly 1080/30p MP4 format.
Built-in flash built into compact body
- Perfect when an extra burst of light is needed to get the shot, the built-in Guide Number 6 flash1 combines with high ISO sensitivity to enable shooting in just about any setting.
Up to ISO 16000 sensitivity with advanced noise reduction
- With a new Exmor™ sensor that features the same adaptive noise reduction technology from Sony’s flagship SLT-A99V, the NEX-3N easily offers a wide range of sensitivity from ISO 100 to ISO 16000.
Auto Object Framing fills the frame with your subject
- Give your photos a professional look with Auto Object Framing. Featuring advancements like exceptional two-person portrait capability along with Face Detection and Tracking Focus, Auto Object Framing not only turns ordinary photos into stunning compositions but does so automatically recognizing the scene then cropping accordingly.
Newly designed anti-slip grip
- Perfect for self-portraits or casual snaps, the natural form ensures quick, comfortable handling and makes the camera easy to carry around. In addition, the textured grip prevents slipping even when shooting one-handed or when using exceptionally large lenses.
Compact, easy-to-carry PZ 16-50mm kit lens
- Measuring just 3/16” (29.9mm) when fully retracted, this SELP-1650 retractable zoom lens is super compact and easy to carry so you never miss the moment. It covers a 16mm to 50mm range (35mm equivalent = 24-75mm) for flexible shooting, and is equipped with one ED (extra-low dispersion) and four Aspherical elements, resulting in a high performance lens that is surprisingly compact.
Picture Effect modes
- The NEX-3N includes 15 effects that can be applied to photos or movies, giving you the means to vastly expand your artistic repertoire. The ability to view effects in real-time on the LCD screen6 before the shot lets you experiment with different looks until you are satisfied with the result.
Photo Creativity feature
- NEX-3N provides easy access to most Picture Effect settings as well as controls for Background Defocus, Brightness, Color and Vividness. Just activate Photo Creativity, choose the appropriate item then adjust while viewing in real-time on the LCD screen. The ability to combine settings offers nearly unlimited creative control, and lets you compensate for tricky lighting.
Superior Auto mode
- Use Superior Auto mode to shoot photos and movies with the ease of a compact digital camera. In this mode, the camera recognizes the current shooting environment then adjusts settings for optimal results. Superior Auto also includes Auto HDR and Hand-held Twilight modes, both of which employ image compositing technology to handle difficult lighting by recording multiple images at high speed then compositing them to produce the final photo.
Anti-Motion Blur mode
- Corrects for subject movement to capture amazingly clean and sharp images in low light. The camera leverages the large, APS-C image sensor and captures six images in a fraction of a second. Combining the data from all six creates a single image that minimizes subject blur.
Hand-held Twilight Mode
- Get cleaner and sharper nighttime pictures—beyond the capability of traditional cameras—without using flash or a tripod. The camera leverages the large, APS-C image sensor and captures six images in a fraction of a second. Combining the data from all six creates a single image of extraordinary detail and low noise.
Face Detection/Smile Shutter
- Set NEX-3N to recognize faces and smiles. Face Detection locates up to eight faces in a composition then adjusts exposure, white balance and other settings based on these faces. Smile Shutter — adjustable in three levels — automatically takes a shot when smiles in the scene are at their brightest.
- Tailor the look of photos and movies before shooting. Choose from one of six settings — Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset or Black & White — depending on the scene or your creative intent.
Speed Priority Continuous mode
- Freeze fast-moving subjects by shooting at up to 4 fps. This is the ideal solution for photographing sports, children at play or other action.
Up to 480 Shots6 of battery life
- Take up to 480 shots on a single charge6 with Sony® lithium ion Stamina™ battery power. Sony's InfoLITHIUM® battery system enables you to see the percent of power remaining, so you can keep shooting in confidence.
PlayMemories Home supplied software5
- Free, easy-to-use PlayMemories Home image management software automatically installs onto Windows PC’s for Sony Digital Camera users. Download photos and movies onto your computer then view, organize, edit, retouch, print, burn to disk, share or upload to social networking websites.5
- The kit includes a NP-FW50 Lithium ion rechargeable battery, AC-UB10 USB AC charger (in-camera battery charging), Mini-B USB cable, and shoulder strap.
In The Box
- Sony NEX-3NL Digital Camera
- SELP1650 lens
- Lens cap
- Rechargeable battery (NP-FW50)
- AC adaptor (AC-UB10)
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Micro USB cable
- Lens Compatibility: Sony E-mount, operation with Minolta/Konica Minolta Maxxum A-mount lenses confirmed via optional LA-EA1/LA-EA2 adaptor
- Lens Mount: Sony E-mount
- Camera Type: Interchangeable Lens Digital SLR camera
- Imaging Sensor: Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor (23.5 X 15.6mm)
- Processor: BIONZ™ image processor
- Pixel Gross: 16.5M pixels (approx.)
- Effective Picture Resolution: 16.1M pixels (approx.)
- Focal Length Conversion Factor: 1.5x
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Media Type: Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™ media; SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- Color Space: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS™ Color
- Still Image Mode: JPEG (Standard, Fine, Extra Fine), RAW, RAW+JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™ media; SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- Still Image Size 16:9: L (14 MP) 4912 x 2760, M (7.1 MP) 3568 x 2000, S (3.4 MP) 2448 x 1376
- Still Image Size 3:2: L (16 MP) 4912 x 3264, M (8.4 MP) 3568 x 2368, S (4 MP) 2448 x 1624
- Panorama Still Image Size: Horizontal Wide: 12,416 x 1,856 (23M) Horizontal Std.: 8,192 x 1,856 (15M) Vertical Wide: 2,160 x 5,536 (12M) Vertical Std.: 2,160 x 3,872 (8.4M)
- Video Format: AVCHD / MP4 (MPEG-4 AVC (H.264))
- Video Mode: AVCHD: FX - 1920 x 1080/60i@24Mbps FH - 1920 x 1080/60i@17Mbps FX - 1920 x 1080/24p@24Mbps FH - 1920 x 1080/24p@17Mbps MP4: HD - 1440 x 1080/ 30p@12Mbps VGA - 640 x 480/ 30p@3Mbps
- Video Signal: NTSC color, EIA standards
- Audio Format: Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC
- Microphone/Speaker: Built-in Stereo Microphone
- Still Image File Format: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3format), 3D MPO (MPF Extended compliant)
- LCD Type: 3.0” TFT LCD (460,800 dots)
- Angle Adjustment: Tilt angle: Up: 180 degrees; Down: Approx. 13 degrees
- Brightness Control: Auto, Manual (5 steps between -2 to +2)
- Coverage: 100%
- Live View: Continuous Live View
- Real-time image adjustment display: Yes(On/Off)
- Histogram: Yes (On/Off)
- Peaking: Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Grid Display: Yes (Rule of Thirds, Square Grid, Diagonal + Square Grid, Off)
- Customization: Grid, Histogram display, Grid Line, Magnified display for playback
- Focus System: Contrast-detect AF
- Focus Points: 25 points
- AF Modes: Single-shot AF(AF-S), Continuous AF(AF-C), Auto Focus, Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Multi Point (25 points)/ Center-weighted/ Flexible Spot
- Focus Sensitivity: EV 0 to 20 EV (at ISO100 equivalent, with F2.8 lens attached)
- Focus Features: Predictive control (AF-A, AF-C), Focus Lock
- AF Illuminator: Built-in LED, Range: approx. 3' 4” - 9' 9” (0.3m-3.0m)
- Picture Effect(s): 11 modes (15 effects): Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R,G,B,Y), High Contrast Mono, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Mono, Miniature
- Auto Exposure Lock: Yes (AE Lock button). Can be disabled from menu
- Color Temperature: 2500 – 9900K with 15-step each Magenta/Green compensation (G7 to M7), Amber/Blue (A7 to B7), Custom
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Portrait , Landscape, Sunset, Black & White (Contrast (-3 to +3steps), Saturation(-3 to +3steps), Sharpness(-3 to +3steps)
- D-Range Optimizer: Yes: (Auto, Level, Off)
- Exposure Bracketing: 3 continuous or single shots in 1/3 or 2/3 EV steps
- Exposure Compensation: Still images: +/-3.0 EV(1/3EV steps selectable) Movies: +/-2.0 EV(1/3EV steps selectable)
- Exposure Settings: iAUTO, Superior Auto, Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection
- ISO: Stills: ISO 100-16000 selectable in 1 EV steps, Auto (100-3200) Movies: ISO 100-3200 selectable in 1 EV steps, Auto (200-3200)
- Metering: Advanced 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity: EV 0 to 20 EV (at ISO100 equivalent, with F2.8 lens attached)
- Noise Reduction: Long Exposure NR: (On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 second) High ISO NR: (High/Normal/Low)
- Scene Mode(s): Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night View, Hand-held Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- White Balance Mode: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Flash, Color temperature range 2500 to 9900K, Custom
- Burst Buffer: JPEG Standard (9 shots) JPEG Fine (9 shots) RAW (5 shots) RAW+JPEG (4 shots)
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Continuous mode: 2.5 fps, Speed Priority Continuous mode: 4 fps
- Drive Mode: Single-shot, Continuous, Speed Priority Continuous, Self-timer (10/2 sec. delay), Self-timer (Cont.) (with 10 sec. delay; 3/5 exposures), Bracketing
- Self-timer: 2-sec. or 10-sec. delay
- Shutter Speeds: 1/4000 to 30 seconds, bulb
- Shutter Type: Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane shutter
- Flash Bracketing: ±2.0 EV
- Flash Compensation: ±2.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 EV steps)
- Flash Coverage: 16 mm (focal length printed on lens body)
- Flash Metering System: Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Modes: Flash off, Auto flash, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync.
- Flash Type: Built-in, Pop-up Auto
- Guide Number: 6 (in meters at ISO200) 4 (in meters at ISO100)
- Recycling Time: Approx. 3 sec.
- Self Timer: Yes,10/2 second delay selectable
- Red-Eye Reduction: Yes, On/ Off selectable
- Media/Battery Indicator: Yes
- View & Index: Single (with or without shooting information), RGB histogram and highlight/shadow warning, 4/9-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (L: 13.6x, M: 9.9x, S: 6.8x), Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, Off), Image orientation (On/Off), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (still), Forward/Rewind (movie), Delete, Protect
- Face Detection: On, Off, Face Registration, Face Selection; maximum eight faces detected
- Smile Shutter™ technology: Smile shutter (selectable from 3 steps)
- Image Stabilization: Lens-based (where applicable)
- Auto High Dynamic Range: Yes, (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1-6 EV at 1.0 EV step), off)
- Priority Setting (for Face Detection): Yes (eight faces max)
- Sweep Panorama: Horizontal (Wide/Standard), Vertical (Wide/Standard)
- BRAVIA® Sync™: Yes, via HDMI® with compatible BRAVIA HDTV (link menu)
- DC IN: Yes via optional AC-PW20AM (sold separately)
- HD Output: HDMI® (Type C mini)
- Memory Card Slot: Dual compatibility slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™/PRO-HG HX Duo™ media - SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- PhotoTV HD: Yes, with BRAVIA Sync enabled HDTV and HDMI® cable
- Tripod Mount: Yes
- USB Port(s): USB 2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage, MTP)
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): Approx. 4-3/8 × 2-2-1/2 × 1-3/8 in (109.9 x 62 x 34.6 mm) (W/H/D) excluding protrusions
- Weight (Approx.): With battery and Memory Stick PRO Duo Approx. 9.5 oz. (269 g)
- Weight(Approx) (Main unit only): Approx. 7.4 oz. (210 g)
- Battery Type: InfoLITHIUM® NP-FW50 (7.2V)
- Battery Capacity: 1020 mAh
- Number of Still Images: Approx. 480 images with LCD monitor (CIPA standard)
- Supplied Software: Supplied Software: PlayMemories Home, Image Data Converter Version 4
- Operating System Compatibility: Operating System Compatibility: Windows® XP SP3 (64-bit and Starter Editions are not supported, Windows Image Mastering API(IMAPI) Ver.2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs.) Windows Vista® SP2 (Starter Edition is not supported) Windows® 7 SP1; Windows® 8; Mac OS X(v10.5 -v10.8) (Image Data Converter, PlayMemories Home is not Mac compatible)
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term: 1 Year Parts & Labor
|Maximum Memory||No Limit|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $699.99
Special Price $599.99