don't forget about
ColorAlti LED Skydiving Altimeter.
Freefall Data Systems took the idea of peripheral vision altitude awareness and started from scratch, developing an extremely flexible, user-friendly altimeter that enables you to gauge your altitude based on the color of a light in your peripheral vision.
Available in 6 different LED light configurations!
- The standard flexible gooseneck-style light that can be positioned anywhere in your field of vision. While most useful when installed in open-face helmets, this original light created for ColorAlti can be used in many types of full-face helmets as well. The housing is rigid yet flexible and contains a single LED. The FlexiLight is the go-to light for flyers of all camera helmets.
- C-shaped LED light pattern that sticks to the inside of a full-face visor. Made for jumpers with full-face helmets who want LEDs both in their upper and lower peripheral vision. This can be useful under canopy, especially for those who have a visor stop (ex. for a camera) so that the lower lights are still visible when the visor is open. Works with all full-face helmets, including the G4, G3, KISS, Phantom X/XV, AERO, Dynamic, Fusion, TFX, etc.
- A version of the C StickyLight made specifically for a better fit on KISS visors.
- A version of the C StickyLight made specifically for a better fit on G3 visors.
5-LED Strip StickyLight
- Five LEDs on a single strip that can be placed according to your desire, but is generally placed horizontally above the jumpers eye. Designed for jumpers who primarily use ColorAlti in freefall.
2-LED Goggle StickyLight
- Originally conceived for goggles, the 2-LED StickyLight has become popular with full-face helmets as well for those prefering a more minimalist approach. It can be placed in many different locations on a visor or goggle.
Note: See more info on StickyLights and the installation in the video section at the bottom of this listing.
ColorAlti has the ability to provide a constant method of altitude awareness, whereas an audible altimeter generally only sounds during specific portions (the low end) of a skydive.
ColorAlti also allows the user to make the lowest freefall and canopy alerts flash if they desire; this has an additional attention-getting effect and makes the lowest alerts stand out. ColorAlti is extremely flexible in how it can be programmed and there are a truly enormous number of possible combinations of settings.
- Free Bluetooth® wireless technology iOS/Android app for setting and gathering data from the altimeter
- Patent-pending technology provides continuous and immediate feedback of your altitude via the hue of a light in your peripheral vision
- Up to 8 freefall, canopy, and ascent alerts
- Ability to save an unlimited number of presets for quickly changing settings for different jump types.
- Super bright color LED can easily be seen with tinted goggles
- LED brightness and saturation can be adjusted
- 256 different hues
- Control unit easily fits in an audible altimeter pocket in your helmet
- Bendable gooseneck on FlexiLight LED light stays in place even at very high freefall speeds
- Logs jumps, canopy and freefall time
- Provides altitude and vertical speed graphs of your last jump (records up to 7 minutes of data), which can be saved to your photos for future reference or sharing with friends
- Rechargeable lithium polymer battery (USB cable included)
- Long battery life (approximately 200 jumps or 3 months)
- Low battery warning (a five-second red light) at 1,000 feet
- Always on
- Remembers your settings and data when the battery runs out
- Adjusts automatically to local elevation
- App can display in both feet and meters, mph and kph
- Wingsuit mode gives wingsuiters a more accurate assessment of their flight time and lowers the threshold of what is considered freefall from 80 mph to 40 mph
- Swoop mode makes certain that all freefall alerts are turned off below 1,500 feet and increases the threshold of what is considered freefall from 80 mph to 100 mph
- Speed Tracker feature for realtime feedback of approximate freefall vertical speed via color
- Landing zone altitude adjustments can be made for those landing at a different altitude than takeoff
- Designed to function up to approximately 30,000 feet
- Dimensions: 60.5 × 38.5 × 10.5 mm (2.38 × 1.5 × 0.41 in)
- Weight of control unit: 28.5 g (1.0 oz)
- Weight including light: 58.4 g (2.1 oz)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium polymer 3.7V 600mAh
- LED peak brightness: 3800mcd
- Color depth: 8-bit (256 colors)
- Operating temperature range: −30° to +50° C (−22° to 122° F)
- Operating altitude: −500 to 9,000 m MSL (−1,640 to 29,528 ft)
- Altitude resolution: 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Sample rate: 12.5 Hz
- Permissible charging temperature range: 0° to +50° C (32° to 122° F)
- USB connector: Micro USB 2.0 Type B
- Wireless technology: Bluetooth® Low Energy
- Bluetooth wireless range: circa 5 m (16.4 ft)
- Standard FlexiLight is 16 inches long. The gooseneck portion is 6 inches long.
Note: Phone and helmet in photos are not included.
Detail InformationAlarm TypeLED LightsAnalog/DigitalNoAudibleNoBattery TypeRechargeableData LogLogs jumps, canopy and freefall time. Provides altitude and vertical speed graphs of your last jump (records up to 7 minutes of data), which can be saved to your photos for future reference or sharing with friends.Downloadable InfoYesFeet or MetersSettings for Feet and MetersFunctionAltimeter onlyProtective Case AvailableNoReplaceable LensNoSaveable ProfilesYesVisualYesVisual PortYesWater ResistantNoWearabilityNight Jump GlowYesSize60.5 × 38.5 × 10.5 mm (2.38 × 1.5 × 0.41 in)
ReviewsAdd your review
More Reviews×Price:Actual Price:The advertised price above is higher than the actual price for this item. Add this item to your cart to see your price. Contact us if you have any further questions on this item.The advertised price is higher than the actual price for this item. Add this item to your cart to see your price. Contact us if you have any further questions on this item.