The HYPEYE D PRO Camcorder Indication and Control System is specifically made for skydivers. The HYPEYE D PRO connects to Sony camcorders through the D/AV half-moon interface. The HYPEYE D PRO provides features and functionality never before seen in any camcorder controller. Its super-bright, intuitive, three LED indication system keeps you informed of your camcorder's status even when facing the sun!
Note: This version of the HypEye D Pro is for the 2011 Sony Cameras, such as the CX130, CX160 and CX190. The list of compatible camcorders can be found under the Additional Info tab.
This is the standard 500 mm 'D' cable length. The 500 mm 'D' cable length is great for traditional setups in helmets where the button is setup on the helmet, the cable routed to the box and the light over the eye.
Features for the HYPEYE D PRO include:
- Push button to power on/off & start/stop recording;
- Toggle between record & playback modes;
- Debrief jack for non-intrusive video viewing;
- Push button protection against accidental activation;
- Zoom Memory;
- External audio sourcing;
- Nylon threaded mounting hole;
- and Adjustable LED brightness.
Add the optional HYPEYE D PRO EXPANSION KIT or HYPEYE D PRO PHOTO KIT from ChutingStar.com.
The expansion kit allows users to:
- While recording, capture still pictures onto your camcorder by using an external switch (Standard 2.5mm bite or tongue switch will work);
- Use your camcorder as a dedicated still camera;
- Interface to L&B Optima audible for visual altitude warning indication;
- Custom push button interface;
- and Includes the HYPEYE D PRO DEBRIEF CABLE.
The HYPEYE D PRO DEBRIEF CABLE allows you to debrief through the HYPEYE D PRO without dismounting your camcorder. It's a must for teams in training.
The new HypEye D Photo Kit includes the part of the expansion kit for converting your HYPEYE D PRO and your Sony Camcorder into a picture taking device. Simply install this kit into the HYPEYE D PRO, add your favorite shutter release or bite switch, and you successfully converted your camcorder into a still camera.
The HypEye D Pro Photo Kit includes:
- HYPEYE D PRO Shutter Connector with a 2.5mm stereo plug
- HYPEYE D PRO Debrief Cable
For the 2011 Version: In 2011 Sony released the HDR-TD10V, HDR-CX700V, HDR-CX560V, HDR-CX360V, HDR-XR160, HDR-CX160, HDR-CX130, HDR-PJ50V, HDR-PJ30V, HDR-PJ10V and their PAL counterparts. In these cameras SONY rewrote the AV/R protocol so it misinterprets the mode setting command. Because of this, the HYPEYE D PRO will not focus through a wide angle lens. In response, HYPOXIC created a special HYPEYE (2011 Camera Versions) that is slightly limited from the other HYPEYE D PROs but provides the same basic functionality.