The story of Bones Ceramic Super REDS™ Skateboard Bearings is simple. Take the superior steels used in our Super REDS™ and swap the steel balls for grade 5, silicone nitrade, hot isostatically pressed ceramic balls and you have Bones Ceramic Super REDS™.
Bones Ceramic Super REDS™ are lighter and provide faster acceleration because the balls weigh much less. They create less friction and are thus faster than Super REDS™, with or without lubricant! When you get dirt into your Ceramic Super REDS™, the ceramic balls will help to re-polish the steel races flat again, providing a self-healing benefit because ceramic balls are so much harder than steel. Finally, ceramic balls will not rust, further lengthening their life. Ceramic Super REDS™ use a bone colored shield with laser-engraved outer races for identification.
- Features grade 5, silicone nitride, hot isostatically pressed ceramic balls.
- Higher quality steel races and a superior surface finish.
- Single non-contact removable rubber shield for easy cleaning and less friction.
- High speed nylon ball retainer for greater strength and speed.
- Pre-lubricated with Speed Cream™ racing lubricant.
- Skate Rated™ clearances, tolerances, materials and lubricant provide the best performance and durability possible.
- Set of 8 bearings
According to Bones Bearings, their bearings out perform all other bearings because they went to the trouble to skate rate Bones Swiss™ and Bones REDS™, not just select an ABEC rated industrial bearing and put a customized plastic shield on it. Bones have been completely redesigned for skating from the ground up and are built to Bones specifications that include Skate Rated components, lubricants, tolerances and clearances.
Bones Bearings come in a set of 8 (two for each skateboard wheel). One set will allow you to assemble a full deck of 4 wheels. These bearings will fit any skateboard wheel, which allow you to mount your wheels to any truck axle.
|Rating||Bones Skate Rated™|