- Home ◅
- Parasport AloXs Compact Digital Altimeter
don't forget about
Parasport AloXs Compact Digital Altimeter.
Perfect companion of the NeoXs 2 Audible Altimeter, the AloXs is its natural twin. Compact and lightweight, it has wide digits for easy reading of the altitude, in freefall and flying the canopy. With functions similar to those of the Altitron, it will be appreciated by skydivers attracted by its small size, just 51 x 39 x 10 mm (2.00” x 1.54” x 0.39”), and its extremely low weight: just 28 g (1 oz.)!
Three low profile buttons, combined with the simple user interface, allow easy operation of the altimeter with little use of the manual. It can be set to be used in freefall as altimeter or speedometer, and can be programmed on the ground or while climbing to altitude. As with a mechanical altimeter, it is also possible to set an altitude correction in case the drop zone is at an altitude different from that of the airport. Altitude correction is easy to set, and clearly shown to avoid taking off with the wrong ground reference. The state of the art, temperature compensated, solid state, hybrid pressure sensor delivers accurate altitude reading on the full range, up to 33,000 feet (10.000 meters)
The case is thin, single piece, strong and water resistant, making it suitable for pond swooping.
Applying smart electronic components and techniques, the AloXs is really low power consuming, and is powered by a single, easy to find, inexpensive CR2032 lithium coin battery, monitored by the instrument to advise when it's time to make a battery change, and showing the current charge level on the LCD. It also doesn't need calibration or to be turned on and off.
Altitude is visualized using three large digits, showing always the required detail of information.
The AloXs is able to log up to 300 jumps, recording on each jump number, date, time, exit and pull altitudes, freefall time, maximum and average freefall speeds, canopy air time, and maximum speed under the open canopy. It also summarizes activity accumulating the number of jumps, the maximum exit altitude, the lowest deployment altitude, and the maximum freefall speed.
The AloXs is supplied with a wide, comfortable, adjustable elastic wrist mount carrying the Parasport logo. It can be adjusted to fit the wrist or the forearm, being very stable in all positions.
Different mounts are also available as spare parts, offering alternative ways to wear the altimeter, according to own habits: they are very easy to install using the steel brackets of innovative design.
- Double function: altimeter and speedometer
- Wide size custom designed figures
- Manual setting of ground reference allowed
- Three buttons to select all functions
- Adjustable, wide elastic wrist mount included!
- Information about the last 300 jumps are automatically recorded by the unit
- Information logged for each jump: number of jump, date and time, exit and deployment altitudes, freefall time, maximum and average freefall speeds, time and maximum speed under the open canopy
- The logbook can be reset at anytime
- Initial jump number and total freefall time can be set while resetting logbook
- Historical information: highest freefall speed, lowest deployment altitude, highest exit altitude
- Counts jumps made
- Totals freefall time
- Microprocessor based Skydiving Altimeter
- Wide size custom shaped digits for immediate readings
- Intuitive user interface
- Real time altitude or speed indicator
- Altitude range 0-10.000 meters (0-33,000 ft.)
- Water resistant, single piece, anti-shock case.
- Self-calibration, no power-on, low power consumption
- Altitude break off selection
- Manual ground reference correction if take off and landing zones are at different altitudes
- Choice of measurement unit (ft/mt, kmh/mph, dates as day/month/year or month/day/year)
- Statistics: number of jumps, total freefall time, highest exit altitude, lowest deployment altitude, highest freefall speed
- Jumps log (last 300 jumps): number of jump, date and time, exit and deployment altitudes, freefall time, maximum and average freefall speeds, time and maximum speed under the open canopy
- Battery status indicator
- Battery: 1 x CR2032
- Size: 51 x 39 x 10 mm (2.00” x 1.54” x 0.39”)
Detail InformationColorBlackAlarm TypeAnalog/DigitalDigitalAudibleNoBattery TypeCR2032Data LogThe AloXs is able to log up to 300 jumps, recording on each jump number, date, time, exit and pull altitudes, freefall time, maximum and average freefall speeds, canopy air time, and maximum speed under the open canopy.Downloadable InfoNoFeet or MetersSettings for Feet and MetersFunctionAltimeter onlyProtective Case AvailableNoReplaceable LensNoSaveable ProfilesYesVisualYesVisual PortNoWater ResistantYesWearabilityHandmount, WristmountNight Jump GlowNoSizeNo
ReviewsAdd your review
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Not a bad altimeter for the money.
I needed to replace another digital altimeter (VISO II) that crapped out on me during a jump (and L&B wouldn't cover the warranty on the the unit). I did my research and this was at a decent price point and didn't have too many reviews, none of which were negative. I needed an altimeter that can be worn on either side (I usually have a wrist mounted camera on my left arm) and that had a relatively large readout. I also wanted the precision of a digital altimeter for precision landings and hitting specific marks in the lading pattern.
I have been using this for approximately 2 months (60+ jumps) and all-in-all, not a bad model. I like the readout size and clarity, along with the ease of set-up and use. The two negatives points that I have with the model is that during free-fall, the unit lags in giving altitude readings and I have watched as it will jump 500 feet or more (meaning it will go from 6000 to 5500 with no numbers in between). This had never occurred with my Viso II or Viso II+. The only other issue I have with the unit is how the wrist band is held on to the unit. It is similar to a watch band, however there is adequate space between the altimeter and the inside of the metal "holder", which allows the cloth to bunch up and the altimeter to sit crooked on your arm.
The bottom line is this is not a bad digital altimeter at this price point (low end of the digital units).
Quality Durability Price
check these out!×Price:Actual Price:The advertised price above is higher than the actual price for this item. Add this item to your cart to see your price. Contact us if you have any further questions on this item.The advertised price is higher than the actual price for this item. Add this item to your cart to see your price. Contact us if you have any further questions on this item.