- Written by Stephanie Gruwell
ChutingStar has a full-time opening for a Store Manager in our DeLand location.
ChutingStar has been open since 1998. Sales are primarily driven through our website however we work with customers all over the world to fulfill custom gear needs. Our headquarters is located in Marietta, GA, which includes our primary warehouse and skydiving showroom, as well as a private skate park and shop. Our DeLand store is located across from Skydive DeLand and next to numerous skydiving gear manufacturers in the area.
The Store Manager in DeLand is a critical role for ChutingStar and part of a 3-member leadership team reporting to and consulting with the owners. The foremost responsibility is focused on our customers in-store, on the phone and online. The relationship with our customers and community is essential in providing the highest level of ChutingStar service. This key position manages day-to-day store operations and partners with headquarters to coordinate online orders, store inventory and custom gear sales. This store includes a rigging loft and serves as a secondary warehouse to Marietta.
Day-to-day operations include communicating with customers, managing one full-time store crewmember, monitoring sales, inventory and coordinating gear pick-ups from local manufacturers. Additionally, the Store Manager is responsible for the look and overall organization of the store and presentation of gear that promotes the ChutingStar image.
As a member of the leader team, this position works very closely with the Warehouse Manager, Sales Supervisor and owners (Mike and Stephanie Gruwell) to grow and refine operations.
The right person will identify opportunities in conjunction within the focused DeLand area as well as with all manufacturers and/or drop zones that will enable ChutingStar to grow and remain an important partner in the skydiving industry. For these reasons, we are looking for an experienced skydiver and rigger and/or someone who has had a long and strong involvement in the skydiving community.
Schedule: Weekdays 8:30 am until 5:30 pm, Saturdays 10:00 am until 4:00pm
- Detailed knowledge of skydiving industry and gear.
- Strong background in sales and service, with a focus on serving customers.
- Senior or Master Rigger Certification.
- Excellent with people; can work well with a range of strong personalities that include customers, vendors, sub-dealers and co-workers.
- Experience or familiarity with inventory management and controls: cycle counting, receiving and transferring inventory and order fulfillment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and detail oriented with a high quality of work.
- Strong computer knowledge, able to learn applications quickly.
- Adapts quickly in a changing environment.
- Consistent and reliable; flexible and able to change gears quickly.
Benefits (available after 90 days of employment):
- 12 days Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Health Insurance
- Company sponsored 401K plan