Hail the return of the visual warning light for audible altimeters! L&B has made the ability to increase your altitude awareness by adding a visual LED port to warn you at the altitudes you set.
The OPTIMA™ II with Visual Warning Port is an audible altimeter with freefall alerts, canopy descent warnings and landing guide tones. The canopy descent warnings and landing guide tones allow you to preset warning altitudes for use under canopy and, if desired, to provide timing beeps to help you track your landing pattern.
The Optima II with Visual Warning Port can be connected to the Optima LED Indicator or the HypEye D Pro w/Expansion Kit.
This version of the Optima II is not water-resistant with the visual warning port option.
The visual warning port OPTIMA II does not include the actual HypEye D Pro/Expansion Kit and/or Optima LED Indicator. The lights can be ordered separately from ChutingStar.
L&B has listened to skydivers across the globe and has answered the call with OPTIMA II™! The OPTIMA II™ is a more advanced audible altimeter with extremely accurate altitude detection.
OPTIMA II™ is so accurate that it has an added set of warning beeps that can be set for a specific altitude during normal and high speed landing approaches. This feature has been added to aid both swoopers and conservative pilots alike find the “sweet spot” for initiating landing sequences. It is recommended that your eyesight and your experience be the primary source of determining at what altitude to start your landing sequence or pattern approaches.
The OPTIMA™ II is an audible altimeter with freefall alerts, canopy descent warnings and landing guide tones. The canopy descent warnings and landing guide tones allow you to preset warning altitudes for use under canopy and, if desired, to provide timing beeps to help you track your landing pattern.
The OPTIMA™ II can be set on the ground or in the aircraft, and if the DZ elevation differs from that of the airport.
- Thin, ergonomic, comfortable curved design
- Durable rubberized coating
- LCD for easy- and intuitive operation
- 3 selectable freefall warning altitudes
- 1st and 2nd warnings: Different pulsating tones
- 3rd warning: High pitched siren
- Choice of 1, 2 or 3 warnings
- 3 selectable canopy flight warning altitudes
- Change warning alarm volume
- Individual freefall & canopy flight volume control settings
- Four memory banks for custom warning settings
- SWOOP warning bank featuring unique sequence of beeps to assist entering optimum swoop corridor
- Seven step warning pitch
- Easy and quick to set on the ground or in the aircraft and if the DZ elevation differs from that of the airport
- Feet/Meter selection
- Altitude selection interval: 10 Ft.
- VISUAL connection for flashing LED
- Displays present altitude during climb
- Built-in clock
- On/off mode
- Built-in mounting holes; fits any helmet, inside or outside
- Actual Dimensions: 2 3/16” x 1 5/8” x 3/8” [56 x 41 x 11 mm]
- Long lasting, easy to find batteries
- Larsen & Brusgaard recommends: 2- RENATA CR-2325, 3 Volt batteries
For extra protection of your Optima II such as intentional water landings or pond swoopers, add the Protektor case to your order. It is a two-piece, clam-shell design that keeps the water out of your Optima and still allows full functionality of the unit and visibility of the screen interface. A spare battery set can also be added.
The OPTIMA™ II can be set on the ground or in the aircraft, and if the DZ elevation differs from that of the airport. The manufacturer, Larsen & Brusgaard, is known worldwide for their superior customer service.
The standard OPTIMA™ II is a separate altimeter that is water-resistant. The standard OPTIMA™ II is also available from ChutingStar.
|Manufacturer||Larsen and Brusgaard|
|Alarm Type||Freefall and canopy alarms|
|Feet or Meters||Settings for Feet and Meters|
|Protective Case Available||Yes|
|Visual Port||HypEye D Pro with Expansion Kit, Hypoxic LED Indicator, L&B's flashing LED or LCD visual warning systems, Yes|
|Wearability||Exterior helmet mount available|
|Night Jump Glow||No|